1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inserting your photos at Full size? Instead use Thumbnails

Discussion in 'Announcements and suggestions' started by walkman archive, Feb 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

It's great to see all of you sharing photos of your beloved old gadgets, but it would be even greater if you make them look as they deserve... but inserting them as Full size won't make them look as good as you may think.

Instead, it's much better to insert them as Thumbnail, they will look better.

If you insert them as Full size that causes the entire post to become hard to read, not only in computers but especially in smartphones and tablets. Here's what happens when you insert a photo at "Full size" and then want to read it in your smartphone:

[​IMG]
    It doesn't look great, huh?

Now look how it looks when you insert it as thumbnails:

[​IMG]
    And when you click on it:
    [​IMG]
    Great, huh?

So, next time remember to use the Thumbnail instead the Full size, ok? :thumbsup:
    Bear in mind that we all want to share and to discuss, so in the end you want your posts to arrive to as many people as possible, right? Well, that's the main goal of this: making the information and discussion easier to read and more enjoyable...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

ok - will do so, but - can i have that HIPFI from the first pic now ? :)

3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Good hint - will stick to that though I am not usually reading forum on my smartphone. :)

4. walkman archive

Of course this is not mandatory at all :old:
    But in the end this is all about discussing, and it depends more in how others read it than how do you do. Making the whole thing more convenient to discuss should be greatly appreciated by everybody. That's the main goal :thumbsup:

5. superlew

superlew Member

I'm very guilty of posting full-sized images, only because I thought inserting thumbnails would render tiny little icons in the thread once posted.
    A lot of forums work like that, which also makes it difficult to read threads when the text in a post is essentially the caption.
    We learn something new every day.

6. walkman archive

Please, you don't feel guilty. I never wanted to make any of you like that.

You can do what you wish, but it's best for all (I mean, the other members that read your post) that you make them easy. Many forums use very small thumbnails and decent full size images, but in this one thumbnails are pretty big and visible though full size are really for Full screen enjoyment.
    I think that's better because we don't have bandwith limitations and because that way we can enjoy watching every fine detail of our beloved gadgets.
    So thumbnails are really big enought to see the image and, of you want to analyze their details, that's what full size is for.
    Hope this clarifies :)

7. walkman archive

Of course, you can leave all that you want :thumbsup:
    I only wanted to let you know that how you see it it's not how all the rest see it.