1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servicing DD Walkman in Australia

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Silverera, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

Can anyone recommend a good tech for Melbourne Australia?. I mean I can't even find a service manual for the DD100 let alone somebody to trust my beloved Boodo Khan to for service.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. Boomboy

Boomboy New Member

3. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

4. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

Thanks I know them. The used to be listed on the Sony support site. They repaired one of my amps several years ago.

5. big_brian

big_brian Member

Did u ever find a place to have your dd100 serviced (or your boodo khan)?

6. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

Alas no but I've got to know a couple of other collectors who have advised me on how to dismantle a DD and remove the central gear. I've acquired a battered old DDII which I will use as parts and have a go at before I tackle anything good. Seems it's the best approach as there's not much expertise out there locally any longer.
    Cheers

7. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I've been playing around with my DD's for the last few months. Been able to remove the center gear and repair them. One thing to be careful with are the wires. They can break off the board quite easily so take photos of the board before disassembly so you can refer back to it if anything breaks off.

8. Silverera

Silverera Active Member

Hi again. Seems you decided not to wait for the new gear to be available?. I would like to accept your kind offer to learn how to dismantle and repair the gear. I have a battered DDII ready to work on
    Flick me a PM (sunkboat@gmail.com) as we are both in MEL would be good to meet and pool our knowledge.
    Cheers
    Brian

9. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

The central gears are now for sale on Marian's ebay store. I'll be getting maybe 4 to start replacing my DD's. Even though I've been able to repair some on my own there is still a very slight click, but only when I press my ears up to the player.