1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discogs...

Discussion in 'Music: Albums, cassettes, new releases...' started by speedy2.0, Oct 17, 2017.

1. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I was just wondering if there was a good tape website, or if discogs was people’s preferred store? Or eBay?

2. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

if you browse discogs you can browse your preferred item by media - if something was officially released on cassette you'll find it on discogs.
    i use discogs a lot to buy and sell.
    if you find some media not listed in discogs, you van make your own contibution and publish all known datas there, but be carefull with bootlegs,
    as they are "illegal" recorded medias, you won't be allowed to sell it there - that's the reason why you won't find many official "newer" cassettes.

3. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

Thanks! I bought some tapes to try it out. Shipping to the uk was quite high for something so light, I guess this is not a specific discogs question

4. autoreverser

yep - off course shipping-companies want to have a big slice of cake from that big online-order-hype.
    i do collect shellac-records, due to save packing and heavy weight i often pay a lot more for shipping
    f.ex. from overseas than for the actual record 8-(

what kinda tapes do you want, i might have some for you...

5. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I really like soundtracks for films... what’s your discogs page? I’ll have a look

6. autoreverser

speedy2.0 likes this.