1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ion Portable Speakers

Discussion in 'Portable Stereos of Today & Tomorrow' started by Mister X, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I've owned my Ion Job Rocker for almost two years, before that I'd use a vintage box with the Ion Bluetooth Cassette but I just wasn't getting the needed volume for some of my projects and battery life can be frustratingly short.

While these are only mono they do have a radio and Bluetooth and they have a built in rechargeable battery. The back has two 120v US plugs that are really nice for charging the phone while cranking the unit. The Rocker will play for something like 8-12 hours at full volume which is really loud, I bring it to the ice rink and crank Maiden so everyone can hear! Ion is really stepping it up on the Bluetooth Speaker Line, looks like they added a cassette-less boombox recently, the Spectraboom, Knowing the quality of my Rocker, the Spectraboom is probably better than it looks.

My Rocker also has a front handle on it, this must be the newer model, but it's basically the same.
    JobRocker.jpg

Brutus442 likes this.
  2. Mister X

Still abusing this guy, I gave it the distance test, I walked about five tennis courts length-wise away, yep, could still clearly make out Dokken singing Dream Warriors. The radio reception does stink but the Bluetooth is really nice.

Brutus442 likes this.
  3. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

My daughter's hockey team uses these fro their pre game warmup exercises. I'm not sure if it's the same make but it does look similar.

4. Mister X

Nice Brutus442! The team loves it when I bring it to the ice rink but its sad when the younger guys don't know Spinal Tap or Accept.....

Brutus442 likes this.
  5. Mister X

Sorry for your lose Brutus442, a couple of the Women's Olympians were on my men's league team and I showed them some dangling moves and who Van Halen was and they really picked up their game...