1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contemporary Tropical Setup

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ken80s, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

I would like to share with you my homemade wood rack for my music room. This is how it turns out to be from raw materials to finished good. I always like the warmth tropical taste and now I find a way to blend them into my music hobby.

CM171214-161930004.jpg

CM171214-161906003.jpg

P_20171215_215020_1.jpg

P_20171215_215002.jpg

P_20171215_214943.jpg

P_20171216_133611.jpg

2. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

well done, nice job, congrats - makes it look classy and seems to workout useful as well :thumbup:

Ken80s likes this.
  3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Nice rack Ken80s, I'm curious what the DVD player is for, I'm guessing there's a TV up on the wall.

Ken80s likes this.
  4. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

I used to play CD using the DVD player. Basically there are 3 music sources rendered, the vinyl turntable, CD and mp3 via FM transmission.

5. Mister X

I'm not familiar with the JVC Unit but it looks like a CD Player, so I thought you might be using the DVD player for another format, for a while some DVD players had MP3 capability and I thought it might be used for that.

6. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

This experiment suggested best sound quality for mp3. Since then I have stick on to this!

Screenshot_20180308_110503.jpg

7. Mister X

I love cool little gear but I'm confused. The little unit play "HUMAN" is broadcasting on 87.5? You have two different boxes, and what's the gold thing on top of the little black player, it looks like a memory stick.

8. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

I have several units of these car mp3 player for different boomboxes. Modify them for home use. It supports SD card and memory stick inputs and also auxiliary.

9. Mister X

These are cool for cassette players or testing a player with broken belts.

81-82ZSIR-L__SX522_.jpg

Ken80s likes this.
  10. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Some quality there Ken .

11. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

HOW does the ION cassette adaptor bluetooth test for broken belts ? Can you use it in an ordinary cassette player personal cassette where bluetooth is available so you could use your cassette player in the car if you do not have a cassette player?

12. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

On the picture of the stool should you not counter sink the screws on top so you do not risk snagging your clothes or you bum if you are that way inclined but nice and simple and cheap idea for display

13. Mister X

The Ion will work if the belt is broken, feeding a signal through the unit to test the audio path. It probably is more helpful in units without a radio like walkmans and field recorders.

14. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

I am not technical but willing to learn . How do you follow the signal and what does it prove ?

15. Mister X

I just bought a field recorder that has broken belts, there's no radio so I don't have a way to test the sound (or power) to make sure there's not a bigger issue. By using the Bluetooth Cassette Tape I can broadcast a signal to the tape inside of the deck. I should then get either sound through the built in speaker or through headphone outputs. The reels on the Ion Tape do not need to turn to work so even though the belts might be broken I'll still get sound.

The Ion is great if you use your phone for music or the radio and want to broadcast to your Walkman or boombox.

Jorge likes this.
  16. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Great tip, Thanks!!!
    Q: when I use cassette adapter for line-out (from iPod or Discman), after 20-30 min of play something (adapter or cassette head or both) is over-saturated and music gets distorted, five more min and there is nothing but noise coming from the speakers. Same thing with Ion?

17. Mister X

Are you using the cassette that has the mini-plug on it? If the internal Ion Batteries start going bad they don't sound very good, I had a cheaper version and it had a very short life. Ion seems to be better quality brand but I don't know how long the batteries last. I don't take my boxes out as much as I used to, I have an Ion JobRocker now that lights up the ice-rink. My boxes are cool looking but no where near as loud.

18. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

no, I was using something as simple as this, no batteries:
    cassetteadapter.jpg
    no over-saturation with Ion, then I will try one!

19. Mister X

You do have to hit play so if there's any broken bits you'll hear them turning around.