1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronic Flea Markets in different countries

Discussion in 'Flea markets & stores' started by Boodokhan, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Lets share the information of vintage electronic markets for any member who is visiting a different country or for travelers. I visited Hong Kong 3 years ago and found a great market for vintage electronics

HONG KONG: Apliu Street Flea Market
    is located at Apliu Street, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon. This market is famous for vintage watches/ cameras/ boomboxes, radios .... so dont miss this market if you are visiting Hong Kong

Brutus442 likes this.
  2. mankamaz

mankamaz Administrator Staff Member

Thanks boodo khan for that interesting post, very nice idea, I too love flea markets and about vintage electronics even more

3. Boodokhan

California, Silicon Valley : De Anza College electronic flea market .It is held on the First Saturday of Every Month including holidays, rain or shine.

4. mankamaz

mankamaz Administrator Staff Member

Great!!!Have you ever been there?? It sounds very interesting I`d like to see some pictures:music:

5. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Audiojumble.co.uk
    Twice a year. Next one is Feb 19 in Tonbridge, Kent, UK

ianthepostie likes this.
  6. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

There's a flea market in Sant Cugat (very near Barcelona, Spain), called Mercantic, which is the sum of Mer (from Mercat, market) + Antic (Old, in catalonian language). It can be seen only the first sunday of every month and it's like a small vintage village, with many streets full of vintage stuff. From chairs and furniture to toys and old tech.
    There are a lot of vintage shopt. Here's a list of many of them. There's also a vinyl shop there where I bought some albums. They shop is very nice and the guy too.
    I'll post some photos later.

Here's a video of the market that it's indeed worth to watch too:

I've been there twice and I have to come back for sure :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    vinchy likes this.
  7. walkman archive

Brutus442 likes this.
  8. Boodokhan

I have been to Hong Kong electronic market but not to De Anza college electronic market at Silicon valley. but it will be in my agenda ;)

9. Boodokhan

Thousand oaks, California: Record Surplus: If you are looking for cheap used electronics and bargain records and cassettes this is the place you should visit. You can find integrated amp for 20 dollars or 99 cents used records. There are always free cassettes and CDs placed at the entrance. Sometimes you can find unopened items if you go there at the right time.

walkman archive likes this.
  10. Boodokhan

I will be visiting Hong Kong and china next month. Apliu Street Flea Market in Hong Kong will be my first destination to visit. I will take some pictures to share with you. I was wondering if anybody knows any vintage electronic market in Shenzhen and Guangzhou.

11. ianthepostie

ianthepostie Active Member

Wow, this is just down the road from me. Might have to pop along!

12. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Everything in the photo with the Weltron looks absolutely immaculate.
    I expect the prices reflect that though.

p.s The Flea markets album link doesn't seem to be working for me.

13. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Member

The electronics district in Shenzhen is Huaqiangbei, starting around Huaqiang Lu Station on metro line 1. I've never had much luck finding interesting vintage items there, but it's great for parts and components.

Aside from the street stalls in Sham Shui Po there are some pretty good vintage hifi shops on the surrounding streets. Monkok has several as well. These are mostly selling home hifi components though, and tape in general is pretty dead in HK. I found a total of maybe 3 decks for sale around Sham Shui Po, and two shops still selling sealed cassettes, but they were not cheap. There is a stall that has a bunch of Walkmans and Type I tapes as well.

14. Boodokhan

Thanks for the info.
    Please check your PM

15. Command8

Command8 Active Member

If anyone is ever in the Milan area, there are 2 markets of interest.
    Hobby Park which is the one i go to every week, it is very shady looking and without any doubt I am certain that 99% of all car stereos sold there are stolen.
    I went with a college friend of mine and we got him a working microwave for 25 euros :D.
    You can find alot of greatness at affordable prices (affordable to a college student).
    Hobbypark.it
    Some pictures i took:
    20180114_120134_001.jpg
    20180114_120901.jpg

The other place would be eastmarket. I don't go there as often, it feels more or less like a clone of @walkman archive's mercantic.
    The prices are too hisper for my liking. I have yet to find anything of interest other then pre-recorded cassettes.
    See this video:

https://www.eastmarketmilano.com/

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Boodokhan likes this.
  16. Boodokhan

I went to Akihabara area in Tokyo today and yesterday but couldn’t find anything vintage. I remember a member posted some pictures from a vintage electronic store in Tokyo. Is there anybody who has some knowledge about that store. I searched the topics but couldn’t find it.

I visited Hong Kong then went to Shenzhen which was a ghost town. All stores were closed due to new year so I took a trip to japan.
    Will post some pictures once I return.

17. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Member

I know a few places you might like:

I've never been, but this place is supposed to be full of vintage boom boxes:
    Dubby MAD 〒150-0041 Tōkyō-to, Shibuya-ku, Jinnan, 1 Chome−14−1, コーポナポリ https://goo.gl/maps/VzAnZ89WqaK2

This place is a must visit. Full of used tapes and a decent selection of walkmans and boom boxes too:
    waltz 〒153-0061 Tōkyō-to, Meguro-ku, Nakameguro, 4 Chome−15, 中目黒4丁目15−5 03-5734-1017 https://goo.gl/maps/BdeDpJp2Wxu
    [​IMG]

The only place in Akihabara with a bit of tape related stuff is hard to find. Under the tracks just west of the station there are two hallways full of stalls selling electronic parts. About halfway down the northernmost hallway is a flight of stairs going up to the second floor. The shop is up there. Not much you would actually buy there but it's fun to look at.
    Radio Center 1 Chome-14-2 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tōkyō-to 101-0021 03-3251-0614 https://goo.gl/maps/Y67qmf1WU462
    [​IMG]

If you're interested in full size used hi-fi there are a couple more places I can recommend, let me know.

Have fun! Tokyo is a city unlike any other.

Attached Files:

Boodokhan likes this.
  18. walkman archive

Wooooow! I wanto to visit that once!

Please keep us updated, Boodo. I envy you!

Boodokhan likes this.
  19. Boodokhan

@Gibraltar please let me know other places also
    Thank you very much
    By the way I have a lot of photos from your hometown that I will share with everybody once I return from trip

20. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Member

The most 'vintage' hi-fi shop I know in Tokyo is Hifido. Their main locations are in Nagoya but they have a smaller shop in Akihabara. The selection is inconsistent but sometimes there's some pretty cool stuff. They'll carry stuff dating back to the 70s, while pretty much all the other shops only go back to the 90s.
    Hi-Fi Dō Akihabara Shop 〒101-0021 Tōkyō-to, Chiyoda-ku, Sotokanda, 5 Chome−3−12, 清和ビル 03-5818-4751 https://goo.gl/maps/VRUe2gR2YTx

The other place to check in Akihabara is the Dynamic Audio trade in center. Dynamic Audio is an ultra high end HiFi shop, but the trade in center sometimes has some cool vintage stuff. If you want to see some impressive modern systems the main building across the street is worth a look too.
    Dynamic Audio Trade Center 〒101-0021 Tōkyō-to, Chiyoda-ku, Sotokanda, 1 Chome−7−2, 丸伊ビル 03-3253-1311 https://goo.gl/maps/4f5h2q7qSSp

Not vintage related, but if you're at all interested in modern portable audio you need to check out E-Earphone. This place has basically everything you could imagine and more. They sell used as well and support tax free.
    E-earphones 〒101-0021 東京都千代田区Sotokanda, 4 Chome−6, 外神田4丁目6−7 カンダエイトビル 4F 03-3256-1701 https://goo.gl/maps/zz5Yxc184Vz

Waking distance from Akihabara is Ochanomizu. This district is famous for musical instrument and sports shops, but they also have some excellent used CD/LP shops and a used HiFi shop. The music shops are called Disc Union and each location focuses on certain genres. No tapes here unfortunately. Have a look at this map (note that North is down...)
    http://diskunion.net/st/shop/e_shop/e_shop_areamap.pdf
    Here's the Google map link to the main shop so you can orient yourself
    Disk Union Ochanomizu Station shop 4 Chome-3 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tōkyō-to 101-0062 03-3295-1461 https://goo.gl/maps/odcnfJJLGAL2

The audio shop is Audio Union. They also carry high end stuff, both new and used. The ground floor is probably the most interesting.
    オーディオユニオン お茶の水店 〒101-0062 Tōkyō-to, Chiyoda-ku, Kanda Surugadai, 2 Chome−2−1 03-3294-6766 https://goo.gl/maps/rCjGE1YWWK32

Next we move on to Shinjuku. It's two stops away from Ochanomizu station on the orange Chuo train line.

They also have a big Audio Union and multiple Disk Unions. Check the Disk Union map above for those. The Audio Union shop is here. You need to take the elevator up to get to it.
    Audio Union Shinjuku shop 〒160-0022 Tōkyō-to, Shinjuku-ku, Shinjuku, 5 Chome−11, 11-30 新宿第五葉山ビル 03-3352-9411 https://goo.gl/maps/bvWNZCoM61H2

Finally, there's Beams Japan. This is a clothing shop in Shinjuku. The last few times I've visited they had a wall of boom boxes on the 4th floor, so worth checking out to see if they're still there. This is also a very cool shop in general if you're interested in Japanese design or fashion. Good coffee on the ground floor too :)
    BEAMS 〒160-0022 Tōkyō-to, Shinjuku-ku, 新宿区Shinjuku, 3 Chome−3−32−6 03-5368-7300 https://goo.gl/maps/fcVoVaY7YB72

I think that's probably enough to keep you busy, have fun!

Mister X and Boodokhan like this.