1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Floorstanders!!

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by nickeccles, Jan 5, 2018.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

After 2 years of my Tibo Extreme floorstanders, I wanted something better as I knew my Dolby Digital receiver was capable of a lot more...............

Enter on this very day: The Mighty Wharfedale Xarus 5000 Floorstanding Speakers!! These things are HUGE & I couldn't wait to get them in position & start testing [​IMG]

These speakers are simply stunning, I remember why I always loved Wharfies as a lad - they sound simply incredible!! Lows & highs are excellent & vocals & stereo imaging are astonishing [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Looking forward to the weekend - they will be properly tested over next couple of days!!

Decent Speakers are never cheap & while the Tibo's served me well, they will be moving on & have now been retired to the hallway!!

Wharfedale Xarus 5000 Spokers - January 2018 (1).jpg Wharfedale Xarus 5000 Spokers - January 2018 (2).jpg Wharfedale Xarus 5000 Spokers - January 2018 (3).jpg Wharfedale Xarus 5000 Spokers - January 2018 (4).jpg

lupogtiboy and autoreverser like this.
  2. isolator42

isolator42 Active Member

Ooh, nice :)
    I too am partial to floor-standers from Wharfedale. They seemed to nail the combination of controlled & authoritative sound, with great detail & accuracy at lower levels, along with the ability to sustain truly monstrous volume for a sustained period without damage when given a hammering.
    Here is a pic. They're Wharfedale Vanguards, an evolution of the E70:
    [​IMG]
    I used them when DJing in the late 80s, early 90s & beyond (their last outing was a 2012 jubilee street party) & they always sounded better after a good thrashing.

nickeccles and autoreverser like this.
  3. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

what a B E A U T Y F U L dog (...more pics please) !

nickeccles likes this.