1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upcoming walkman & cassette party at Barcelona!

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by walkman archive, Feb 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Yes, dear friends, in 9th of march I'll be CJ'ing (cassette jockeying) at L'Entresol pub at Barcelona.

The pub is not big but is cool. I'll be putting good music mainly from the 80s, but also some 70s and 90s; pop-rock, disco, rock, hard rock and a few other styles at night, from 22h to 3 am.
    Most of the songs will be recorded from vinyl, so it will be 100% analog party!

I'm actually preparing all the cassettes and I've been today doing a sound test and everything went fine :boogie:

So if you live somewhat near Barcelona, you're invited to join the party here! :music:

lentresol1_s1.png lentresol3_s.png lentresol4_s.png

Here's more info about the pub.

kitchen10 and Antoni like this.
  2. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I'd go for the Damn Beer on tap!

walkman archive likes this.
  3. Antoni

Antoni Active Member

Sounds like is gonna be awesome.

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I am sure you will have a lot of fun. Wish i Was able to attend. Please take some picture and share them with us.

5. walkman archive

Finally it was a very nice party. Lots of people (though it was not totally full of) and many of them were suprised about the sound quality and the track list. I was congratulated several times by some people there for what I was doing. There was a guy that came and shake my hand and told me: "man, I never imagined that you could put that song from AC/DC... but I indeed contratulate you. Respect!". :guitarist

Pinchada CJ Walkman Archive Lentresol 38.jpg Pinchada CJ Walkman Archive Lentresol 22.jpg Pinchada CJ Walkman Archive Lentresol 50.jpg Pinchada CJ Walkman Archive Lentresol 60.jpg

It was a lot of fun, at least to me. I want to do it again very soon!

That disc you can see in the last photo is some fun that I've created to indicate where we were at (in terms of rythm): from slow to quick and hard. Many people liked it and actually took photos of it.

Boodokhan and Ball000 like this.
  6. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

cool pics ! i expected you using two D6C's - great you had a TPS-L2 aboard :thumbsup:

7. Junkerman

Junkerman New Member

Great idea..looks a good night

8. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I see a TPS-L2 and a silver DD walkman in the pictures. What other walkman did you use?
    Its interesting to see a TPS-L2, knowing that you have the best sounding walkmans including DD9 and DC2 and D6C but you included TPS-L2 as well. Did you used any AIWA???

9. walkman archive

I took a D6C, TPS-L2, DD30 in red, DD33 in blue and a DC2. I was using the DD30 and TPS-L2 but replaced the DD33 for the D6C. Really the best ones are thos that have the door like these two, so you can see the tape spinning and open the door without stopping it. the DD30/33 sound great but are not as convenient for that.

I also took a PX101 but finally didn't use it. It's surprising that with these speaker systems, almost anything sounds well. I'm not saying even a crappy source sounds well, but most of the 'faultys' like hiss or some crackles from vinyl recordings aren't noticed clearly. A TPS-L2 does actually sound very well and in the 'high' position it has enough treble as a good DD, so there's no roll off in the highs.
    Many people was surprised to see how good did they actually sound.
    I'm actually contacting other pubs to see if there's nay other that is interested in doing it again... I'll let you know!

Boodokhan likes this.