1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£1 Walkman

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by Ryan Bartolo, May 21, 2017.

1. Ryan Bartolo

Ryan Bartolo New Member

I found a Walkman. It's a Sony WM-EX631, it takes a gum stick battery. What surprised me most was the fact it had been soaked in the rain at a market stall and it was still working like new

2. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Great.
    Few years ago I bought a Panasonic Walkman for $1, Nobody bid on the auction and I won the Walkman. It played really good. So sometimes we get lucky

3. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

£1 Walkman is the best walkman!!

I have a £4 mid 90s groove on the way. It’s truly hideous to look at

4. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

No if you have to pay, 1p is the best price

http://www.stereo2go.com/forums/threads/a-couple-of-recent-bargains.1623/

More recently the £30 amp I bought on ebay seems to be worth about £4.
    You win with some purchases and loose with others.

p.s I keep joking that I ought to find the lady who sold me an HP Wi-Fi enabled printer scanner for £3 at a car boot sale and demand a refund. It works perfectly, but given the price of the cartridges and the rate it goes through them I can understand why she wanted to sell it.

5. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

first Walkman i bought (...after my Wm-D6C new in 1983) was a WM-2 ca. 1994 on a fleamarket for 1 DM (deutsch-mark, equals today 50€-Cent) - this was me beginning to collect.
    in fact, in the "beginning" i never paid more then 5 Marks (€ 2,50) for ANY Walkman, prices only lifted up with the internet. and even on ebay i paid for my first almost mint TPS-L2 incl. shipping (allready) € 7,- and the most expensive one from overseas for almost € 30,- wich was a lot in - i think - 2002 or 3 - in the meantime i sold'em all in this "GoG-hype" for big money...
    well, by now times are even over for € 1,- TPS-L2- clones (Westman), luckily i've got LOADS of those ;-)