1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

800w Bumpboxx UpRock V1

Discussion in 'Portable Stereos of Today & Tomorrow' started by BLASTER, Sep 15, 2017.

1. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Let me just say, having experienced the Bumpboxx and tested it relatively extensively i can state:

1. The Ion thing MrX mentioned, believe me it will not be louder than the Bumpboxx, it would be absolutely eaten alive by it, this thing is serious business.
    2. The mono thing, non issue. Honestly i felt exactly the same, then i heard it, it has clarity, warmth and massive bass.
    3. It is ripe for customizing, seeing the grills on the one above, great idea.

Cassette2go likes this.
  2. A O

A O Active Member

Not my thing at all but I love what the guys at Bumpboxx are doing. They seem to be succesfully marketing these items without having to patrionise. Though I'm not convinced that thing is 800w. 800 is a lot of watts. A large PA system requires a lot of heavy electronics and boxes to produce 800w.

3. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

800 watts is probably just a "peak music power" rating, which is just theoretical nonsense.

If I recall correctly, the Bumpboxx Freestyle says 340 watts "peak" but elsewhere they say 150 watts RMS, which is a lot more believable.

There's a Pyle bazooka shaped boombox that claims 1,000 watts, LOL. :lollegs: Yeah OK, right.....a plastic tube weighing only 12-13 pounds being able to tolerate 1,000 watts, when most home hi-fi speakers of the 1970's weighing 50+ pounds could only tolerate 100-300 watts. :lollegs:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Yeah 800W might be a touch optimistic but i love that just like the 80's it is being marketed with the pmpo rating which means nothing but sounds great!

5. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

If they were 800w you would have no windows for sure, you'l be very lucky if they are 150 rms but still great for the younger generation and not us old fogies lol

6. Mellymelsr

Mellymelsr New Member

The Uprock is 400 Watts RMS...fyi