1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of Iphone cases

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by buzbox, Jun 23, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Bought some generic Iphone 5s cases and printed up some Walkman cases. These are just tests. Looks good.

IMG_1350.JPG

LieutenantShwa, Ken80s and kitchen10 like this.
  2. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Liking those a lot!

3. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Tweaked the images up a little this afternoon and will give them another go next week. I've been wanting to get a Walkman Iphone case for ages and cannot seem to find a good one on ebay. I have access to an Oce Arizona 2280GT flatbed printer at the office (since I installed it and work on these anyway :) ) I thought I'd give it a go myself. Will be trying to get a TPS L2 version too but need a good photo of one. These are white bottom layer then CMYK. Another thing I could try is a varnish (clear coat) on the plastic window part of the image. Will see how the ones above go when it comes to wear and tear.

4. kitchen10

kitchen10 Active Member

Very cool, already better than the rubbish you see on Amazon!

Henry

5. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Might make a few boom box ones also.

6. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Haven't seen the ones on Amazon but must be the same as the ones on ebay. They seem a little misleading as they are just images placed over the iphone cases themselves. None are showing the actual printed cases. If the one's I make hold up well with everyday use I might make a few for sale on here.

davebush and kitchen10 like this.
  7. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hey @buzbox
    great job
    How did you print it? Can you do it for Iphone 7?

8. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Printed on a flatbed UV printer. As I work on these printers as a technician I have access to one in our showroom. Can print anything flat upwards to 40mm. At the moment I'm just working on a case for myself. I'm looking to improve some of the images to get a sharper or clearer finish. The photos above show a black generic case. I printed using a white base layer then CMYK for the top layer. Obviously with a white case it will only be CMYK. I'll be testing again this weekend so will update with more photos. I can do for other phones too but just need to get some cases.

9. Boodokhan

great
    I can buy an iphone 7 case from you. I would like to have a TPS-L2 or WM-3.
    For iphone 7 case some walkmans pictures (including WM-10,20,30,40...)wouldn't look good due to the fact that elongated picture will change the shape of these models. Thats why i think a TPS-L2 or WM-3 will be a good option

10. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I agree. I will be taking some photos of my TPS L2 and WM-3 this weekend and try some prints.

11. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Ok so here's a quick render in photoshop. Just decreased the blend so you can see the template I used. Will do some test prints this weekend and see how it goes. I kept the original "Sony" and "Walkman" logos and I'm hoping the metal effect prints well. I left the slight reflection on the plastic window for some realism. Did a flat grey color on the side.

test.jpg

12. Boodokhan

It looks beautiful. If you decide to sell one I can buy it either directly through paypal transaction or on Ebay prescription store (now some might wonder about presciption :wink: )

13. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Haven't decided if i'll start selling them yet. But a few one off sales aren't an issue. Just note that I can't print on the sides. So will end up having either black or white sides. I'm looking for blue generic cases for the TPS L2 print so atleast it will match up a little.

14. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Another quick test with the TPS L2 images. White case on the left has 2 layers of cmyk and black case on the right has one white layer then two cmyk. Looks ok but I'm not very happy with the cases themselves. They are plastic but have some kind of silicon coating on it so after a week of general use the ink is chipping away. I'll need to find some other cases. Need a plain or generic plastic case.

IMG_1372.JPG IMG_1371.JPG IMG_1370.JPG IMG_1369.JPG

ebuy05 likes this.
  15. Boodokhan

excellent job buzbox
    black case looks more appealing :thumbup:

16. Chris

Chris Active Member

I prefer the white case to be honest.

17. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Giving away the TPS L2 (black case) and the silver WM 20. They are both for Iphone 5S. First come first get :) Just pay for shipping. Just note there are some over print on the edges and can't guarantee how long the prints remain scratch free from general use. These were just tests units.

18. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Ok so been a while since I've tested out the case I printed out. Is holding up well and the ink is only slightly coming off. My phone gets worked hard due to my job so it gets dropped occasionally. Will be getting some more cases for the Iphone 5s and 7 also. They will be clear cases as the ink adheres better to the clear plastic cases. If anyone is interested then message here to PM me. Let me know what phone you have and I'll try and find a case for it.

19. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Improved the image a little and printed again. Also printed out a boombox style case too. These are Iphone 5s cases. I'm waiting on some Iphone 7 cases to arrive next week and will start working on resizing it and will do some test prints. At this stage I will offer 10 Iphone 7 cases only. Getting real busy with work now. Will try and get more done early next year if I have any more interest.

Next to the real thing for comparison

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

Being printed

IMG_1562.JPG

20. Chris

Chris Active Member

Looking pretty good. Can't wait to get one!