1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Helix HX-4633N Goes "Dead"

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Easthelp, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

On Friday I started out trying to listen to my boombox, it was more or less "dead." Here's a smartphone photograph.

OCTOBER 27, 2017 PHOTO' OF THE MALFUNCTIONING HELIX HX-4633N.JPG

The darned device wouldn't come on at the POWER switch, despite trying different sockets. While plugged in to an 800-milliamps RadioShack DC adapter with a 3V - 12V selection range there was nothing.

I ordered the apparently top-rated Powseed 36W AC Multi-Voltage 5V - 15V Power Adapter to see if that would help.

Yes, I suspected that the problem was wiring that had come loose from the internal POWER switch contacts or that the entire power-supply "block" -- into which I think the AC power socket but I'm no repairer. So of course it was far easier for me to order that device I soon found online than to dare open another boombox.

So now that the new DC adapter is here, folks, what do you think? A fair expense or a waste of money -- especially with a tight, ongoing, repair-projects budget?

Could some boomboxer with an HX-4633N or an AKA post a few good photos of the opened-up interior, showing what should look like what inside ... just in case?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Well, after reading your post i have amended it for you so that you can actually get to the point of the post with out multiple reads.

The definition of stupidity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. I know you think your overly long post sprinkled with nuggets of useless information are clever but frankly, for everyone else they are simply irritating. Why do you think your posts have so few replies?

Please use your intelligence you clearly believe you have to exercise some self restraint. Until you do i will edit your posts for you. Not because i enjoy it or i think I'm being smart but simply so every post you make doesn't get ignored by the masses. Beleive it or not for the most part we like to help....

3. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

Me still being corrected over verbosity?

Cassette2go likes this.
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Yes indeed. You can learn and adapt or just accept people avoiding your threads.

Let’s see if we can get this back on track....

Cassette2go likes this.
  5. Cassette2go

Cassette2go Well-Known Member

I pm'd *them' with my telephone number a while back as I have read somewhere else in here that for every posting or pm sent that this site issue's a email notice so all they needed to do is dial my number as I am with my phone every day and I also reply to emailed questions too for those that don't have time to speak or are in a different time zone or are - I don't know.