1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aiwa HS-J110 with fast speed

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by Boodokhan, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I changed the belt on this model "AIWA HS-J110). this is the 2nd J110 that i changed belt and on both experienced the similar problem. The play speed is very fast.
    any suggestion what the problem might be?
    Thanks

Jorge likes this.
  2. Matias

Matias New Member

Hi, I have the same model, but didnĀ“t open it yet. May be you are using the wrong belt (a bigger one) and you should buy a tighter belt. The original belt code/part number for the Aiwa HS-J110 is: 82-654-478-01 , but i cant find the measure (size code) for it nowhere.
    upload_2019-10-4_13-49-8.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Jorge likes this.
  3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

this might be the belt, but myguess you are using belts from @mihokm then no need to worry about this
    1) if you are lucky then it is just stiff pinchrollers or capstans have to be roughened-up by some acid: if tape is not held tight by a pinchroller then it is pulled through by a pickup reel and the speed will be all over the place. Check with 3kHz W&F/Speed tape if speed is the same at the beginning and at the end of the tape (actually, I bought one extra test-cassette but keep forgetting to actually give it to you! :mad:)
    2) Check that motor is getting exactly 2.3V. If not then you are entering the worst-case scenario: motor controller is busted. On page 15 of Aiwa SM it is marked as MOTOR GOV (governor?), on page 19 it is marked as MOTOR C.B (control board). No schematics is provided for this C.B. :( I had this pain with my WM-D6 and the only reason it was fixed was a LOT of professional help from @Deb64

Boodokhan and Machaneus like this.
  4. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

+1 ^^^ @Jorge , also it seems the Motor C.B. has its own PCB (shielded in a tin box ?) , it looks that it has discreet components that probably can be replaced if they can be read.
    If that fails , Motor C.B. looks like a simple voltage regulator , measuring the input voltage (red and white wires , third wire is earth shield) you can order a generic one from ebay with adjustable output voltage and adjust it to the specific 2.3 Volts needed where the motor wires will be connected.

As Jorge said this problem seems similar with the WM-D6C usually caused from wrong voltage power supply or wrong polarity.

aiwa motorcb.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Boodokhan and Jorge like this.
  5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Thank you guys with your valuable recommendation.
    Most probably this issue is electrical. The belt is / was exact size. Even i sent of the units to a professional 2 years ago and couldn't fix it.
    anyway, I gave up on these 2 units.