1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aiwa HS-PX447 service manual anyone?

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by greg, Oct 7, 2017.

1. greg

greg Member

Hi there

Does anyone have the sevice manual for the Aiwa PX447? Searched high and low and only seem to hit paywalls...I beleive it shares the same layout as the PX347, PX547, LX200.

I've got a couple of exciting projects underway and looking to service this beastie but need to find out how to get inside as it's a bit labyrinthine!

Cheers!

GB

2. Mighty Mightor

Mighty Mightor Member

Looking for the same manual. 4 years later still hard to find for freeā€¦

3. Valentin

Valentin Well-Known Member

Some service manuals are not to be found for free. Some can only be found in printed format, I've bought a couple of these myself to find component values or Dolby levels.

However, the one you two are mentioning is available on manualscenter.com; I bought a couple of hard to find manuals on this website and can confirm it's legit.

What are you looking for in the service manual exactly ? If opening the device is the only thing you are interested in, post a couple of pictures from all angles and we'll figure out how to disassemble the case.

4. Mighty Mightor

Mighty Mightor Member

I just got the HS-PX347 and the sound is very bad, much less good than with HS-PX377.
    I wanted to verify if, like the HS-PX377, this one also lacks an azimuth setting. I finally have confirmation by searching the web, so I don't really need the manual anymore.
    I'll start with the basics: cleaning the head and pinch rollers.

5. Mighty Mightor

Mighty Mightor Member

Forget what I said about the sound quality of the hs-px347. It it very good once you understand that the 3 pins mini-jack connector of the Apple Earpods must not be inserted entirely. Leave 2 mm and everything's fine. Of course, it never stays in this position when you move so it is better to use a 2 pins connector. Nowadays nearly every headphones have a mic and comes with 3 pins connector. I don't have any headphones without mic currently. I'll have one soon.

6. Mighty Mightor

Mighty Mightor Member

Maybe a (not so) stupid question: is there any adapter to convert a mini-jack from 3 pins to 2 pins ? This might just short-cut the mic and improve compatibility with old devices...

7. Valentin

Valentin Well-Known Member

Yes, there are such adapters available, like this one: https://www.reichelt.com/de/en/head...male-2x-3-5-mm-3-pi-delock-65967-p248530.html
    You can cut the second cable or tie it to the audio one, because it's not going to be used.

Another option is to make one yourself: buy cable, a 3-pole male jack and a 4-pole female jack (not sure if the 4-pole is available as a plug or only as PCB or panel mount style). And you leave the mic pin not connected at all.
    However, if you use quality gold plated connectors (which is a recommended, otherwise there is a risk of intermittent connections), you will get close in price to the ones already made.

What I think is happening in regard to your walkmans is the ground pole of the headphone connector does not make good contact (or any contact at all) with the female jack of the device, when the headphone jack is inserted fully.
    It is possible that the circuit closes through the microphone in that scenario (since the other end of the mic also goes to GND) and this is causing the bad sound.

jack types.jpg

8. Mighty Mightor

Mighty Mightor Member

Yes I suppose you're right. Thank you for the schematics, I didn't knew about the diffrents poles roles before.
    I ordered the adapter. This will allow me to use several modern headphones.

9. Mighty Mightor

Mighty Mightor Member

Quick update: I received my new headphones with 3 pins (no mic). It fits perfectly in the jack port, just as expected.

10. Mighty Mightor

Mighty Mightor Member

11. The_Simple

The_Simple New Member

Mighty Mightor likes this.
  12. Mighty Mightor

Mighty Mightor Member

Even better: it is the service manual for the px-347 I have. Thank you !

13. The_Simple

The_Simple New Member

You're welcome...
    I have an LX200 with an error that I can't get any further with, and I found these by chance.