1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another great basement find!!

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by big_brian, Oct 16, 2017.

1. big_brian

big_brian Member

I found my funky banana yellow sports runman - cause its really not a walkman - even though Sony says it is. Really matches my Sony banana yellow mini boombox I found and posted a couple of days ago. Who knows what else I will find!!! Now to find some batteries and see how well it works........

Attached Files:

2. big_brian

big_brian Member

Somewhat disappointed. Only 1 channel and volume control very scratchy. Time for some deoxit and see if that helps any!

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Nice little unit, I have a few of those sitting around. At one time they were going for decent money but the value seems to have stabilized. Do you have the awesome Sports Headphones that came with it? They are kind of an oddity these days, besides mine I haven't seen anyone wear them in years.

4. big_brian

big_brian Member

I still use a pair of Sony yellow (foldable) headphones. They work great! I think they were from this unit? I also have another set of Sony yellow headphones (that were not foldable) - but don't work!

5. big_brian

big_brian Member

Have you ever taken apart one of these units? - looks relatively easy - just a couple of screws and the volume control knob?

6. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I haven't taken one apart, mine all work. They seem to be really robust units and lived up to expectations.