1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best portable amp?

Discussion in 'Headphones Area' started by walkman archive, May 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Last year i did compare the P-51 and the Hugo with the same music but from different sources, the P-51 had the music playing from the DC2 and the Hugo music came from the computer they had there. The Hugo won, but it was no bad thing as the P-51 is a fraction of the price and size of Hugo. The Hugo does a lot more things but again not very portable, so more of a desktop all rounder.

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I'd like to hear the Hugo. It's awesome-looking indeed. Its design is completely different to any other I've ever seen. That makes it so special. Me too, ha ha ha :laugh:
    I think of it more of a small, battery operated amp, but not so portable. Looks to me like an amp to take in your vacation and have in the hotel or in the pool, but not while you travel or are in the move.
    The RHA has the biggest size I'd take with me. It's in the top limit for size and weight, but still into the portable group. I love its tone control. For me, that I use almost everytime my Technics EQ to customize the sound, they are essential.
    Usually I set very small adjustments, like -2dB at 16kHz or +2 dB at 60 Hz, but they make a difference to me.