1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best repair services in the world

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by walkman archive, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Due to popular demand, I start here a list of known repair services.
    This list is growing and being updated by contributions from members. The list is sorted chronologically as contributions arrive.

ITALY
    • Dottore Walkman (@Doctor Walkman ). Specialized in walkmans. High performance repairs and upgrades.

SLOVAKIA
    • Marian Mihok (@mihokm ). Specialized in walkmans (mainly SONY DDs and Panasonic). Also makes a wide selection on belts and soon a new internal DD gear.
    UK

NETHERLANDS
    • DP Audio: Very professional , reasonable price... Repair for mostly all audio equipment (posted by @Helaba)
    USA
    • ES Labs: Most HIFI vintage equipment repair. Nakamichi expertise. (provided by @Boodokhan )
    • Willy Hermann: Nakamichi decks.
    • Kaosun: for Sony, Denon, Philips, Toshiba Discmans (for Technics/Panasonic you have to beg).
    SLOVENIA
    • Matic777 @matic777 . Specialized in SONY DD central gear repair.

If you know any technician and have good references of him, please add your reply here with information about:
    • what can he repair
    • what is he specialized in
    • how will you rate your experience with him, and...
    • how can he be contacted
    As I'm always short in time, please do send all that so I don't have to research or read through their website to find the info.

This list will be periodically updated with new info.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  2. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

http://www.dpaudio.net

Very professional , reasonable price... Based in the Netherlands! Repair for mostly all audio equipment

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I suggest the topic should be considered as "Best repair service in the world" and not to limit it to Europe that way we can add other service repair shops

Best Nakamichi service repair in the world
    ELECTRONICS SERVICE LABS
    https://www.eslabs.com/index.htm

Their Expertise is the complete overhaul of Nakamichi decks

4. matic777

matic777 Member

5. walkman archive

Updated with the provided info. Thanks!

6. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

USA:
    Willy Hermann at http://www.willyhermannservices.com
    for Nakamichi decks

Rejuvenated and calibrated my LX-5 to the highest standards! As of last year waiting time was about 1-2 months, once I sent the deck it was fixed within a few weeks. Very friendly and professional, even shared a few "know-how" tips with me! Once I find an excuse to get ZX-7, it goes straight to him :)

slinger333 likes this.
  7. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

USA:
    Kaosun (aka Master Gu) at http://www.kaosuncd.com
    for Sony, Denon, Philips, Toshiba Discmans (for Technics/Panasonic you have to beg). Has new spindle motors for D-350, D-555, if needed will install and align a new laser!!!

I have Denon DCP-50 upgraded by Kaosun to DCP-150 status, Philips with a new laser, etc etc...

Boodokhan likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Active Member

I can definitely vouch for these guys, they did a great mic re-soldering job and general clean of my TPS-L2.

James Tervit likes this.
  9. walkman archive

Updated with the last suggestions. Sorry to be so late.

10. David O

David O New Member

I have a DC2 that has a repaired centre gear, but I think it is steadily failing in performance. I am looking for a repair service that can give it a proper diagnosis and service and then repair where faults are found. I know Dr Walkman and Marian are snowed under and may not be taking repairs. Where else can I get a service/repair i am looking for. I am based in the UK. The difference here is that it is not a specific problem but that I want it bring back up to peak performance.

11. Boodokhan

You can send your walkman to @Sergi for repair. His shop is in Barcelona. Another member @matic777 has a lot of experience fixing DD series. Try to contact them to see if they have time to fix your walkman. @renzgi is also very expert with walkmans specially with DD series but i am not sure if he accepts repairs.
    If you be patient @Doctor Walkman and @mihokm can help you as well.

12. David O

David O New Member

Thanks for you reply.

Boodokhan likes this.
  13. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I just like to add, Marian mihok website is www.fixyouraudio.com where you can buy spares and contact. Very knowledgable guy!

Noertoft likes this.
  14. Sköll

Sköll Member

15. Chris

Chris Active Member

I've noticed Galaxy Repairs and Spares are charging a lot more than they used to, still a great service though.

Sköll likes this.
  16. David O

David O New Member

I had a bad experience with one of the big repairers listed . I had identified the two problems but they did not repair them, I did not find this out until I had paid and the Walkman was returned.

I have since sent it to albdeschis on eBay who has repaired it perfectly. Super service and quick and thorough repair. I would recomend

17. Boodokhan

I bought a DC2 from albdeschis with repaired central gear and I am happy with his service. BUT it is not fair the way you mentioned about our expert members by creating some doubt about their work.

Some members have certain expertise and knowledge that is superior to other members. This was proved over years during the discussion in the forums and giving advise/ recommendation toward issues and obviously by providing excellent services for members.

18. ianthepostie

ianthepostie Active Member

So I just found out about a guy who lives close to me who repairs all sorts of audio and recording equipment. He replaced the faulty volume control on my mini sanyo boombox M-S200F. Even let me sit and watch while he performed surgery on my machine. It was fascinating to watch a skilled solderer at work! Needles to say he did a great job and really knows his stuff. He is currently giving my WM D6C a thorough service and belt change. He mainly services large professional tape decks but seems equally happy doing the small stuff.

https://www.audiophilesclinic.co.uk/

19. stereomecha99

stereomecha99 Active Member

I don't suppose anyone in the UK has used Galaxy to repair a DD Walkman? I just acquired one and while I would try to follow Walkman Archive's fantastic tutorial I would rather leave this glorious little thing in the hands of someone more competent.

20. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I have, I was less than impressed. I had a D6C and DD11 with them and both I had to send elsewhere. I sent mine abroad and for a little more postage got much better results. The top 3 on the list above I would say are the best in the business. But also, they have queues so be prepared for a wait, perhaps a couple of months. I would email all 3 and see who needs the work most!

Also, I drove past Galaxy last week and they’ve either moved premises or closed down as their sign is not visible from the street.