1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware of Retrodos, Retropcdos, theoldtechcorner, DrMr2000, he is a scammer

Discussion in 'Buyers & Seller Feedback' started by walkman archive, Oct 10, 2017.

1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I just want to remember that an old member if this forum, Maurice Gotay, who lives in the US is still doing his 'bussiness' that consists in stealing gear from the people that send him to service.

This old thread explains most of the story:

http://www.stereo2go.com/topic/retrodos-retropcdos-drmr2000.htm

It seems that he still is trying to rip anyone off at his eBay store:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/theoldtechcorner?rt=nc

This website also gives many information:

https://badbuyerlist.org/buyer/2f8776f3ce5f5e21cbb16b6d

Just FYI: this looks to be him;

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Illinois/Cook-County-IL/Maurice-Rivera.155888857.html

http://chitownmugshots.com/profile/3534424/maurice-rivera-1/

2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Real "nice" and Serious-looking fella... To paraphrase classic Bulgakov's novel Master and Margarita, I would not sell a gun to this dude ;-)

Just last week bought Panasonic Walkman off eBay: they butchered resto job, pulled out a few parts and then sold as For parts/not working to a sucker (me!).
    Wish eBay had an option for "avoid this seller": based on the "restoration" attempt I would not want to buy Working item from them...

3. A O

A O Active Member

I can just imagine the conversations in the Saint Quentin excersise yard....

"So, what you in for? multiple murder, grand larceny or are you some kind of drug warlord?"

"Er, no, I swindled someone on a belt repair for a WM-HX390"

4. Deb64

Deb64 Active Member

Are you willing to name the seller or post a link to the listing so that we can avoid the seller in question?

5. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

old tech, uh?

oldtechcorner.png

6. A O

A O Active Member

Indeed, who could resist?

7. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

here is my "catch": Panasonic RQ-S15. I should have noticed that pinchroller is missing, but did not. My fault! Seller says that
    "Our lab based in HongKong & Tokyo"
    so probably they have a few guys doing restorations. Whoever tried to fix mine has to learn how to use a soldering iron first, or start thinking about career change :)
    CareerChangeAdj.jpg

8. OldSchoolTech

OldSchoolTech New Member

This is the original Maurice aka "horses mouth"

No it was not done as some grand scheme to stealing gear from the people that send to me service, as you guys assumed. I did this originally as a hobby that at one point, that I use to enjoy. The issue started when I offer the service to others, which was a huge mistake. I took in way more then I could chew for to low of a price and actually lost a lot of money in doing some of the repairs. It wasn't that I couldn't fix the stuff as also had way more in successful repairs and happy customers as well, not just all bad transaction that fell though the wayside. It was that some stuff I received was worst then others and took lost on some of the projects and then at the end ran into money issues. The problem was company I use to work for closed down, so was no longer just a hobby and now repairing stuff became my only job at the time and barely made any living off of it, as I had to offer cheaper prices just to get customers during that time, so could afford to pay the rent. To make matter worst I trusted the wrong people, read the drmr2000 thread on that mess and lost my life saving due to that asshole. So tried to recover and did good service, just was costing me more on some then it was worth as parts cost and finding parts became a huge issue, due to collector prices. Yes at the end of the day stop caring, shut down service's, kept and sold some stuff and even resorted to doing some illegal jobs, like the Target case, which is true, just to tried to keep up float. I was just trying to survive pretty much what it boils down to.

I trusted the wrong people and hung around the wrong group, the Chidel guy due to fear as he is dangerous, I just one of a few of his victims. A whole another story I won't get into. Some of those people on that badbuyerlist are my ex competitors that screw me over. The Chidel guy needs to be put out for good, as one of the worst person I ever dealt with in my life. He makes a living screwing over others and even had people disappear when he doesn't get his way, what I wrote about him is actually true and a lot more to. Only reason why I stay living there was didn't think I had a option to leave as was being control as had no money, or place to go. It was like my real friend stated I sure have left 2-3 years ago as created my at home jail by being there. Prison is easier then having to deal with the bullshit I had to put up when friends with the Chidel guy, as all he was doing was using me as well as others, for his own personal gain.

No not trying to shift the blame on anyone. Yes I at fault. I am truly sorry for how bad things turn out. I wish I never cross paths with some of the people I did, mainly the Chidel guy and none of this would have happen. I not the ruthless type that enjoys scamming, or hurting people. I enjoyed more helping others, not hurting them. My issue was the Chidel guy, he took advantage of my kindness and started off as favors and then he used me to get his projects and dirt done. I was stupid enough to stay around him knowing he was bad news and just kept overlooking the bullshit as needed the money at the time and thought at the time it was the only way to keep up float. The best thing that happen was getting catch up when stealing from Target and then going to jail realizing seeing his true colors as then he even took more advantage of me, instead of helping me, as he knew I had barely no money. At that point I had enough and did what I sure have years ago and left. I don't expect anyone to ever forgive me, just telling my side of the story, so you guys have a understanding of what happen. It was just a bunch of bad decision I made, was never intended to be as some grand scheme.

9. OldSchoolTech

OldSchoolTech New Member

My biggest gripe with some of you guys was the fact I did have over 2000 successful transactions. I only had very little bad transaction where people didn't receive, or came damaged claims. About 6 total, I refunded 3 people here that when I had issues with other partner steal from me and took some of the stuff from affect member and more then the walkman was worth over 1k collector price. The fact of the matter is some of you are quick to call someone out and never even had dealings with me at all. Just want to point out the handful of negatives, but fail to mention I did this for years and over 95% positives and was the first back in the day to take the time and show people how to repair the stuff when no-one at the time did and even repair stuff for free for some people.

Of course it quick to jump the gun and just assume the worst about someone, as it's more entertaining to bring someone down. Being I did so many transactions, I know what some of the admins themselves pulled as well and some of the other bullshit that was pulled over the years. Some of you sold a lot of not as described conveniently a few times, or stole yourselves, not here to pick fights, so won't bother mentioning names. But the fact of the matter is no one perfect. I did the best I could at the time. The only ones that have the right to be upset was those that were affected directly and not refunded, or replacement item.

BTW the only reason I receive the last three negative from over 2500 feedback and was all at the very end, was due to, someone stole a $1300 item from me and sent me a empty frame in the box as a return after buying one of my restores units and keeping it. So at that point I had enough and quit as not worth to put a huge amount of time and money into something just to have someone steal from you and yes it happen before. Enough was enough and at that point I didn't care anymore. At that point since no one took consideration for me and lost money then I didn't care ether and did what I did. Was tired of the one sided bullshit pretty much and then the fallout with the Chidel guy I had, which honestly sure have never f##k with at the very beginning, as did 9 years ago left and stop working for him, but was sucker back to working with him again a year later. I sure have stay away the first time as he was bad news from the beginning was at the time desperate for work, so I put up with the bullshit and illegal deals. What done is done, I got into trouble and moved on from that point.

So to answer all you question and sum it up. No I am not a scammer and no it was not ran for yes with over 2500 positives transactions for years for some grand scheme to steal stuff. If It was a grand scheme I would have set up 100's of accounts, which is easy to do and only waited till 100 feedback and then stole stuff and not returned stuff and just kept doing so while using proxies so can go undetected and put fake address to do so and use several others real addresses and pay people to receive stuff. Not keep the same account for close to 8 years in good standing and wait 8 years to scam people.

Cassette2go likes this.
  10. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

People who get bad service are very likely to tell everybody about it, and people who get good service are very often not going to tell everybody about it that’s just the way it is. You just have to chalk it up to experience and move on, the main thing here is to learn from the episode.

11. TimJapan

TimJapan New Member

He is defintly a scammer I dropped off a boombox at his old location he said he would fix it then I came back a few weeks later and he tried to pull the I don't live here any more Don lives here now Im out money and my boombox he didn't just mess up a few as he stated took alot of peoples items and I know he also stole a walkman DD from another user as well. He doens't own up to his mistakes and when you confront him he makes threats.

12. stpworld2006

stpworld2006 New Member

If he was sorry he would remove the false information about me off that he posted elsewere. I also think there was never to people as he stated