1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boomer Night Returns!!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by nickeccles, Aug 9, 2017.

1. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

Loving this stereo with the JBL speakers in it!!

Maybe I will get round to refoaming one day................I have kept the original drivers!

Boomer Night - August (1).jpg Boomer Night - August (2).jpg

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  2. Barb Bush

Barb Bush New Member

Since my PC-5 lost its original drivers before I even rec'd it, about ten years ago I installed Fostex full-range drivers. They were great sounding, but over the years have lost their pop.

Recently I decided to install separates into the enclosure but wasn't sure what or how to do this. Working on installing the Dayton Audio ND-105-4 midbass and DA ND25TA-4 tweets with 6.8uF 250V Capacitor. I think these are the drivers that Diamondboxx uses. Cannot confirm, but looking at their photos online it appears to be.

So far the installation for the woofs was a little tricky, the screw holes were not in alignment. Listened to the box with just the woofers, those drivers hit so hard, they move a ton of air. Very surprised the tuning of the enclosure works for these new drivers. Close enough for my ear.

Will be drilling holes into the front of the speaker enclosures and will be wiring it up this weekend. Is this sacrilege? I wish they woofers were white, but oh well. Should sound great once I'm complete with it.

upload_2017-8-14_11-27-1.jpeg

nickeccles likes this.
  3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Well it is your box so it is up to you what you do with it.
    I am wondering if you could do everything from the inside, maybe with a new baffle behind the original.
    Then you could fit the original speaker grills as well. It all depends how good you are at woodworking, what tools you have available
    and whether the complete back comes off the speakers.

Don't forget to post some pictures when you have finished.

nickeccles likes this.
  4. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

You can always paint the woofers white, it's easy enough! Would like to hear those things :biggrin: