1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C100 Comes out of Coma

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Transistorized, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

Very happy with this find. This is my Silver C100-F. Got this box for a reasonable cost (all things considered). Determination set in because I wanted a Silver unit to join hands with my Gold one to complete that collection.

What was wrong with it? Well....

The pots were so dirty the channels kept going in and out and sometimes completely. Neither tape deck worked at all. Antennas missing. Radio only picked up in Mono (Never Stereo).

All is sorted mechanically and electrically. On the outside she wears the scars of 30 years of 80's historic events but (just like the saying goes) beauty is within. You can have a great looking unit that doesn't work. Although it's not perfect I would still say this unit is a solid 6 or 7 out of 10. It is a strong performer. The electronics are healthy in this one for sure. It has that thump that usually goes soft with aging capacitors and such. A true gem that needed saving and I am so glad I got to know this model by working on it. Everything I fix inspires new confidence within myself. Those who have done belts on these know how difficult it can be. I did all belts with the chassis IN the case. It went like this....Shout a little. Curse a little...Take a shot of Vodka.....try again....lol but even so...a total of 30 minutes and all the belts were in (even that pesky Front Counter belt) :)

Here she is. Always an enjoyable experience to see a cassette deck come out of a coma after many years.

2. hugo

hugo Member

Congrats, Is always very nice to see a CONION in action.

Transistorized likes this.
  3. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

Since the video above was recorded I have repaired the power supply board (so now it works on batteries) and installed new antennas (not original but look close). The lower cassette storage tray I hope to obtain in the future.

Since I no longer have to worry about what makes it work, it is time to sit back and enjoy the fruit of my labor. The Bar is Now OPEN. Painkillers. Mmmmmm

20171223_135149.jpg

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Nice, it looks great, you don't want it in too nice of condition, then you can't enjoy it....and by the way....I want to party with you! Coconut, pineapple and OJ? that's one heck of a party!

Transistorized likes this.