1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me Identify this Sanyo Boombox?

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Ward, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Ward

Ward New Member

Alright am new into cassettes and I think a boombox will do the job for me, Ive found a Sanyo boombox thats being sold in Israel for around 80 or 90 bucks (250 shekels), its in good condition he said, yet I didnt have enough time to do inspect it, so I took a picture quickly and went on with my day.
    When I got home, I've found out that theres a LOT, LOTS of Sanyo boomboxes (is it me being stupid or is it the company that sold so many damn boomboxes?).
    Untill I came across a Sanyo M9708, which looks a lot like the one I saw at the store, but its not the exact same one, am saying this because the M9708 could help you identify the one I saw at the store.
    Anyways, here's the picture:

Attached Files:

2. Ward

Ward New Member

NEVERMIND Ive found it with luck! its the Sanyo M9807L... that damn l

3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Sorry nobody helped. Most people are into the classic Silver coloured boxes, and you are right,
    Sanyo (and other manufacturers) did produce a huge number of different boxes. Even in the days of MP3
    players Sony seemed to come out with an entirely new range every six months while Apple produced one or two
    players a year which usually looked just like the previous years.

Back to the Sanyo, my advice would be to go to the shop and try it. The most important thing is whether you like it
    and whether it is working properly. If it isn't try and get a good discount. Some faults like belts can be cheap to fix
    but even then they can be difficult to fit in some models.

Ward likes this.