1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casey Kasem - American Top 40

Discussion in 'Music: Albums, cassettes, new releases...' started by Ken80s, May 13, 2017.

1. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

I still remember back then when there weren't any gizmo like smartphones, tablets and mp3 player around, the radio seem to be the best companion can offered in the 80's. Every evening after my homework, I won't miss listening to the American Top 40 series hosted by one of my favourite radio personality who is non other than Casey Kasem. The series are run weekly in the US radio station across 50 states consecutively for 4 hours but in my country we only have an hour listening but spread across 4 days in a week instead. Casey Kasem was retired in the year 2009 and passed away at the age of 82 back in 2014. He is also playing the voice of Shaggy in the famous cartoon Scooby Doo
    After many years passed, I have been trying to search for these old 80's series by Casey Kasem. Lucky enough in the last 6 months there are many of his old series being posted in YouTube, but unfortunately with all the songs removed only with Casey's voice. I have took the effort to download the mp4 and convert them to mp3, cut them into pieces and put them back together after editing back the songs ( only my favourite songs ) using the WavePad software.

ck40casey-top40_zps5678e56d.jpg