1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cassette and tapes, stored for the future...

Discussion in 'Cassettes' started by mankamaz, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

Can anybody point me to the right direction in order to collect a descent stock of tapes?
    Sound quality,looks etc

2. Big Bad John

Big Bad John Member

Planet Of The Tapes (eBay shop), Audio Workshop Online (eBay shop) and Indieville a.k.a. Cassette Frenzy (eBay shop), Google those - otherwise if you want blank cassettes just go to eBay and select 'Music' category and then type 'blank cassettes' in the bar. You could also use Amazon but I don't know any cassette vendors offhand there and PayPal doesn't work in Amazon.

3. Risingsunproject

Found a neat record shop in an Athens suburb with all kinds of goodies could not help myself to get a small taste!
    Nothing extraordinary here i was in a hurry so: give me some of that some of these and keep the change!
    Have to go back when having time:The guy has a sick collection of unopened and blank tapes hidden in trash bags in the back!
    And tons in the front!The left one is a maxell blank never saw before just added to the bunch!

Attached Files:

4. Risingsunproject

Some pictures of the shop
    Drawers full of unopened music cassettes could not get a picture of that!

Attached Files:

5. Risingsunproject

It would be a good time for some experts to point out rare blanks and good quality ones i believe this guy has most of them he also has a good selection of "metal" tapes i will check next time!

6. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Wow that's some shop .

Risingsunproject likes this.
  7. Big Bad John

Big Bad John Member

TDK did some odd-length tapes in their latter years like 54s, 74s, 80s and 100s, many manufacturers did 46s, not sure who did 15s and 30s but I think they're more for dictaphones, you could probably record a 12" single on a C15 like The Cult's long version of She Sells Santuary (7 mins) and the two b-side tracks. Donna Summer's 12" of I Feel Love would need a C30 as one version is 15:45 (might just fit).

Risingsunproject likes this.
  8. Risingsunproject

And as a friend just said to me throw everything to the dumpster!I have to learn how to choose tapes forgot somewhere in the way of getting old hehe!

9. mankamaz

mankamaz Administrator Staff Member

Hi new lot of tapes IMG_20171118_140655.jpg

Attached Files: