1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cassette podcast

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by doublecee, Jan 10, 2017.

1. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I loved it! Both your interview, the story behind your website and the podcast quality. Thanks for sharing.
    So you work in special effects for the movie industry? Sounds cool but so stressing as you explain...

3. doublecee

doublecee Active Member

Dont get me wrong, I love it. But running a business in any field can be all encompassing at times, and people just forget the art of switching off. So I decided to not only switch off, but also switch sides (after about 45 mins or so ;-) )

4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Just grabbed this and listening now :thumbsup:

5. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Brilliant, really sums up for me the joy that people lose with digital music. No one listens to a full album through anymore, no one hears it as the artist intended, in the order they meant for it to be heard. The intro, a couple of songs completely new to you, then the big track you have been hearing on the radio a lot then flip the tape or record for side two. Learning to love an album as you listen to it time and time again until it is one of your absolute favorites.

Now it is all one track, 30 seconds in and on to the next one. My son gets his music 1 track at a time and never gets a whole album. Todays generation miss out on so much but feel they have it so much better with our instant gratification world.

Really enjoyed the podcast, the quality is extremely good to.

6. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I totally agree. I'm lucky to work in one of my passions: teaching photography, so switching off is hard to me. But I managed to use this other hobby: the analog music and vintage gear to help me. And here I am now, so happy with both :)