1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning old vinyl

Discussion in 'Other formats: DCC, MD, Reel 2 reel, CD...' started by Michelle Knight, Dec 23, 2017.

1. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

Thanks for the heads up, cleaner vinyl actually do a kit to attach to the tank, the drying part is where I am stuck, any bins with ionised filter air drying?

http://www.cleanervinyl.com/

look forward to your thoughts.

2. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

thamks for the referral, the Loricraft looks like a Keith Monks clone? is it necessary to combine vacuum with ultrasonic?

3. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

I have read that the system isn't as effective after 6 to 10 records and loses efficiency, I have a fairly large collection but cleaning more than 2 records at a time is probably my maximum.

4. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

it

It's worth saving for :wink2 but i will go for the KLAudio one

5. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

The only disadvantage I see with the KLAudio cleaner is it does not have a filter for the water. This is easily fixed with the latest one, which is plumed in to the water line an filter included just change the water after every record.

James Tervit likes this.
  6. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

I would definitely think about recycling the water? I see the optionl with ordinary tap water? Interesting. Seems vacuum and ultra together are a dream setup.

7. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I'm intrigued by ultrasonic cleaning, I just need to figure out the drying part James Tervit. I don't know if you a member at AudioKarma.org but they have several threads discussing it and they might be able to help with the drying part. I was thinking something like a Dyson Hand Dryer "air-blade" type fixture at the top would direct the fluid back down into the tank and dry the album while your pulling it out.

AudioKarma - http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ultrasonic-cleaners-they-do-work.595742/#post-7847513

Dyson Airblade

Airblade_DB_speed_hand_dryer_2.jpg

James Tervit likes this.
  8. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

James Tervit likes this.
  9. James Tervit

James Tervit Member

That's the kind of out of the box thinking that I love, the dyson downward model would be a really interesting problem to solve, but get this right with dust particles and water deposits and it would be an absolute winner. Thanks for the referral, I will definitely look into it....