1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have to pay import tax from germany? to the uk

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Radio Raheem, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

bought these

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sony-MDR-CD-...708363?hash=item33c3c39acb:g:MY0AAOSwiONYOtyi

apologies for another post about them, but im worried about the import tax which germany has never done before.. but in my tracking it says about customs now.....i could end up with a wopping bill which i simply can't afford at the moment as they base import tax on value

any quick responces may put my mind at rest, i just hope there is no tax or these will have to go back to the seller thanks lads:eek::)

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Rah there is no duty payable when importing goods from the EU, i guess this all may change in the future but for the moment, no duty.

3. Radio Raheem

there never has been any tax before Tstar but my parcelforce tracking mentions customs of which it never has before

all this killed deals from america too. I could afford £70 tax but not sure what the tax would be on something over £700

you're probbably correct Tre and im just worrying over nothing as usual, hopefully the cans will be here tomorrow lad:)

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Well I never have and there's been no change to EU stuff yet so you'll be fine mate

5. Radio Raheem

Cheers si, i just want them here and done mate, i would have paid £50 for next day delivery lad, honestly im getting worse than my mum, ie verry impatient lol

6. Radio Raheem

Headphones here guys and gues what, no tax phew....what can i say about the sound just phinominal one cant even gues what the sony Mdr R10 are like costing way more at launch, it's hard to imagine what better cans sound like as i have the grado ps1000, sony xb 1000 and now the mdr cd3000, im going to borrow a pair of my old cans back of a friend the sony mdr sa 5000 as i would like to compare them to my mdr cd3000 as there seems to be a big debate as to which can is better but im sure i wasn't that impressed with the sa5000, that's why i sold em....cheerz lads one happy bunny:)

7. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Glad they arrived safe Rahrah :cool:

Radio Raheem likes this.
  8. Kin

Kin Member

Article 50 hasn't been invoked yet until around March next year. ;)

9. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Awesome :)

10. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I have never paid any import tax so i think this issue is more common in Europe than America