1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found a chameleon Walkman

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by Boodokhan, Dec 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

IMG_1527.JPG I received a beautiful Walkman today. This one is a WM-EX900.
    I think this one is similar to WM-EX9. This Walkman is in a great cosmetic and working condition and sounds great. I do not think the battery is original since doesn't have any Sony logo but holds the charge well.

Brutus442 likes this.
  2. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Surprised to here the battery holds it's charge well. I'm assuming it's new(er) but I'd offer you this advice if it's a Chinese knock-off battery....keep an I on it while it charges. Sometimes these things either heat up and melt or you get ridiculously short use out of them. (I learned the hard way with my DSLR camera battery). Almost roasted a hotel room's drapes!!

Stay safe Boodokhan...:)

davebush likes this.
  3. Boodokhan

Thanks for your advise.
    What battery do you recommend?

4. Kalach Portable

Kalach Portable New Member

Yep, battery is not original. But that doesn't mean that you have to use another one. I think I know those ones and they are a great newer option to the original batteries. I have several of those, only the original ones that came with the unit, and I had to throw them because they started leaking right after some charges. The ones from my DD9 are expired - as recently my DD9 too =(

5. Kalach Portable

Obviously the battery is not original (as seen on the photos). Someone please let me know where to get them as well as an option for the rechargeable gumstick acid batteries from AIWA. Thanks!

6. Boodokhan

gumstick batteries are not made by famous brands anymore or if you find one may not hold the charge as it supposed to
    This is the link to a Sony gumstick battery still available online:

https://www.amazon.com/SONY-NH-14WM...d=1485274706&sr=8-3&keywords=gumstick+battery

I get the brand new one of some type of replica or available one on Ebay or Amazon something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Portabl...=1485274706&sr=8-13&keywords=gumstick+battery

7. Kalach Portable

Great info - I rather pay around $7 for the generic one rather than $45 for the casic SONY battery. I bet they are equally effective (the generic one might be even more powerful since it is more recent). Again, thanks for the links. I wonder if you know of generic batteries for the AIWA models - I know those are much more difficult to find plus the original ones could never survive the pass of time because they are acid-based (I have 5 almost new ones that lost they charging power).

8. Jbglx

Jbglx New Member

Sorry to disappoint you Boodokhan , but that´s not a "chameleon" , it´s just a violet EX-900 :)
    I have one exactly like that with the same remote . The chameleons came only as EX-9 , and changed the colour as you move it , were beautiful and not easy to find these days .

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  9. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Here is a Chameleon Nissan

surprisingly the same paint was an option on their economy Micra

Radio Raheem likes this.
  10. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Every once in a while I'll see a car with similar paint, it's pretty neat to see it change when you drive by it.