1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geneva Cassette Drop-in Demagnetizer PF-560

Discussion in 'Cassettes' started by Mister X, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Found this little gem at a local estate sale. Brand new and sealed in it's 1986 box is a cassette demagnetizer great for decks where a hand held unit might not work. I used to work for Geneva years ago when cassette technology was fading away, MP3s were still a few years away but CDs were huge and eating away at the cassette market share. Geneva Group produced all sorts of audio related accessories including cleaning cartridges, interconnects and cases. When I was a younger member on the board I posted a link to the Geneva Website, they had the cool looking R to R Cassette Cartridges but these had cleaning tape in them. They must have gotten blasted with calls and emails since they took down the listing immediately, amazing from a website that looked like it hadn't been updated for years.
    DSCN0639.jpg

cmarti likes this.
  2. cmarti

cmarti New Member

Very cool looking, I wonder if it works efficiently.

3. Mister X

The package throws in "Formerly Nortronics Brand" Which had a great product reputation in the 70s including replacement heads.

4. davebush

davebush Active Member

iv got a TDK one

5. Mister X

They used to have catalogs of overseas manufactures that would private label anything for you. Most of the Geneva Products sold to stores were like that but the cleaning cartridges and speaker wire were in-house designed. I used to test head wear with different formulations of cleaning tape, that was kind of fun.