1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goldstar TSR-951 (1984)

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by 2channelhero, Feb 11, 2017.

1. 2channelhero

2channelhero Active Member

Just received this beautiful, practically mint, perfectly working Goldstar TSR-951 from 1984. This 3-piece box weighs almost 22 pounds without 10 D batteries! It measures 29 7/8" Wide x 9 1/4" High x 8" Deep. It sports a five band EQ that goes as low as 63hz, Dolby noise reduction, normal, cro2, and metal tape recording, auto tape music sensor that can skip up to 5 songs, manual recording level, and 3 way speakers with true 6" woofers. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Navpers and Mystic Traveller like this.
  2. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

I like it, thanks for sharing! :)

3. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

That looks quality and lots of nice Chrome!

4. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

Yeah plenty of chrome looks good.

5. Navpers

Navpers New Member

Awesome find ! looks good .....clean and shiny . thanks for sharing ...

6. 2channelhero

Here's a video of this beast in action. The sound in the vid doesn't do the unit any justice tho.

Radio Raheem and Navpers like this.
  7. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Right out of the box fresh!

8. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member

That is lovely.............The 3 piecer's are materialising from the early to mid 80's & being saved :wink:

This is like my Uher, it has all you need without loads of stuff you don't!! :wink:

Was never a fan of compo's but that is changing as more gems turn up!!..............

Restored Maximal 3040 Stereo Radio Cassette Recorder - February 2017 (1).jpg Sanyo C3 Stereo Radio Recorder - December 2015 (2).jpg Sanyo C30 (5).jpg Uher Power Port 2 Stereo Radio Cassette Recorder - January 2017 (4).jpg

9. 2channelhero

A three-piece that has Dolby, dual LED meters, and runs on 8 or more "D" batteries, is good in my book! Preferrably silver!

nickeccles likes this.
  10. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

That Goldstar kicks ass, it's got the same amplifier as the Pioneer CK-7

Radio Raheem likes this.
  11. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I love the Goldstar TSR-951, I picked one up over the summer, they are massive! I posted mine in the beer and boombox thread, it was nicely paired with Southern Tier French Toast Vanilla Ale, man I miss that brew. I've also picked up the Samsung P-745, it's the AKA of nickecles' UHER Power Port 2 above and no it's not in the wikiboombox!

I've been searching more for Korean Boomboxes and Portables, they all have great build quality and heft, at least the early ones do. We saw very few Korean Products here before Hyundai Cars started showing up in the late 80's. I think Clark Forklifts were also off-shored and one of the first industrial items to enter our shores in the 80's but sales were dismal.