1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from the US

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by danny, Aug 6, 2017.

1. danny

danny New Member

Hello,

I'm just a dude that is really fond of vintage things and walkmans just happens to be one of them. I have made an account though because I am searching for a wm-20. I wanted to purchase one because I really want to experience the sound of a cassette player again as I used to listen to music with my parents walkman, but was lost some time ago.

Thanks,
    danny

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Welcome Danny

Alot of us here have bought items we had in the past. I spent three years looking before finding an Amerex cassette recorder like the one I had in my early teens. Regarding the WM20 the good news is that they aren't that rare. I just looked on Ebay.com and there were about three. The cheapest was from Russia 49 euros buy it now., although it didn't look to be in great condition. Like most "antiques" price depends on condition although you might get lucky especially at a thrift store.

3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Don't seem to be able to edit on the ipad so will add to my reply.

The Russian WM20 isn't working. There is a working one from Germany for $99. In real terms that is probably less than it cost new

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Hello Danny
    welcome to S2G forum.
    By reading your post it reminded me the movie "Big Lebowski" and his walkman. (the Dude)
    Anyway, WM-20 is easy to find. One of our members has great collection of them maybe he can sell you one.
    Post your request in the sub-forum "gear you want" about WM-20 and i am sure there are members who can sell you one in good working and cosmetic condition.

5. danny

danny New Member

Thank you for the heads up on a WM-20 will definitely check it out!

Thanks

6. danny

danny New Member

Thanks for the welcome!
    I hope I can find one. I also have posted in the "gear you want" sub-forum hopefully I can get some help.

Thanks again.

Boodokhan likes this.
  7. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2G, Danny! :wavey: