1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Belgium !

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by RevDoc, Jun 22, 2017.

1. RevDoc

RevDoc New Member

Hi there,

I just joined here because since 2 years I've become a cassette fan again after an absence of about 20 years.
    I was born in 1970, so my teenage years synchronised with the golden age of the cassette in the eighties.

I still remember my dad buying a (cheap Realistic) deck in 1980 and explaining me how to record and set record levels. It sparked a passion for music and recording. In 1982 I bought my first no brand walkman.
    It was a heavy one but a good one ! I remember it needed 4 AA's. During my teenage years I recorded hundreds of tapes but I never owned a top quality deck.

I kept all my tapes and a about 2 years ago I wanted to buy a used deck to be able to digitise some rare recordings. A technics 474 dual deck. It needed new belts. So I swapped the belts. But then I got some kind of disease that made me buy other decks. I also started to hunt for tapes.

2 years later I own about 10 to 15 decks (and restored about half of them) and about 500 NOS quality tapes. This is getting out of hand !
    I also bought a Sony WM-D6C as a portable unit. It plays fine but it's just too bulky to carry around for listening
    So now I'm on the lookout for a good DD...

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Welcome to the site, thats a great story and one that we can all relate to. The WM-D6 is a great portable to, a bit bulky as you say but a nice DDmodel will cure that. Would love to see some pictures of your decks to :D

3. bronco

bronco Active Member

:)Welcome to S2G, TH member RevDoc!

4. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Nice story, welcome to S2G! :wavey: