1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Romania, Baia-Mare

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Cristyx, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

Hello,

My name is Cristi from Romania, 29 yers old and my passion are boomboxes. In the present day i own a Panasonic RX-DT680 in perfect condition, which i bought it from Paris with 30 euros, i converted the CD out to IN, amazing box. In the past i had a Sony CFS-W308L which made my childhood beautiful, it had warm clear sound and the Mega Bass function which is amazing. My next box was Sony CFD-909 which i didnt like it, sound was cold and flat, no Mega Bass, a dissapointment. Then i bought a Philips D8614, which i use it for a while, good box, but the bass wasnt the best. Now i found a Sony CFS-W310L which i intend to buy it, its 30 euros, i just want to bring me back my childhood memories with the CFS-W308L, they are pretty much the same, the CFS-W310L has in plus a line in, and syntetized tuner with lcd display. Feel free to watch my boomboxes videos on YouTube and comment.

Simon and sickly_b like this.
  2. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2G, Cristi! :wavey:

Cristyx likes this.
  3. bronco

bronco Active Member

:)Welcome to S2G Cristyx!

Cristyx likes this.
  4. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

Thanks guys!

5. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Hi from Belgium ! Sound great !

Cristyx likes this.
  6. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Hey welcome mate, great boxes there, both iconic. Any plans to add some 1 piece boes to the collection or are the 3 piece ones your favorite?

Good to see you join up anyway

Cristyx likes this.
  7. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

Thanks! I had a Sony CFD-909, one piece, but it didnt sound ok, tomorrow or next week arives to me the one piece box from photo below, a Sony CFS-W310L, which its small but very good sound, plus line in. The Philips D8614 its also a one piece box, the speakers arent detachable. I will post a video with the Sony CFS-W310L when it arrives to me. :boogie:

Best wishes!

Attached Files:

8. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

This was my Sony CFD-909, dont ever buy this box, its crap. :dontlike

Attached Files:

9. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

Hello guys,

Because my RX-DT680 at high volume with high bass distors a little i wanted to make an experiment today. So i hooked up RX-DT680 speakers to my Sony MHC-RG440S and i was amazed that Panny's speakers could handle the Sony's amp without distortion even at high volume. Then i hooked up the Sony's speakers to Panny's amps, and the distortion came at high volume. I saw that the power led from Panny is clipping at high volume, i wonder if the power from the source is enough? Maybe a higher power supply it would handle better the system at high volume?

10. bronco

bronco Active Member

:biggrin:
    10 "D" size batteries could have the answer

11. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

Are you kidding?

12. bronco

bronco Active Member

No, I'm not kidding.
    I think is the first checking to do; if you run the Panasonic with batteries and the sound quality improves, it means your thoughts are right: power suply can't do a good job on high power.

13. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

At every boombox the output power when running on batteries its lower.

14. bronco

bronco Active Member

It depends; some high power boxes operates at higher voltage when are connected to mains, and so power is higher too; but as a general rule, voltage is the same when operation is battery or mains, and so, power is the same too.
    I don't know the RX-DT680 by myself; but information in the web says it is really powerful (15 Watts RMS/Ch.) so probably you are right and operation on AC is more powerful than DC.
    Everyway there is a security problem here: SONY speakers can handle power of Panasonic without any problem, but since SONY is more than 100 Watts RMS/ Ch., you may burn Panasonic speakers easyly; so if experiment is done, put every speaker with his equipement if you don't want get fire! icon4.gif

15. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

Voltage is the same, but the batteries couldn't provide the same amperage, that results lower power, p=u*i. The speakers back in their place. Don't worry, Sony 100w rms its a lie, the system it has 150w power consumption, and it has 3 channels, L R and Subwoofer, so it cant produce 100w rms per channel.

16. bronco

bronco Active Member

None of my boxes belongs to high power realm (most powerful is around 2x3W) so I didn't think about batteries restraining power; I even assume they can give more current than power supply of my boxes.

But is sure there must be a limit for battery power and some boxes could be beyond.
    I don't see Panasonic saying anything about it, but max. battery current is stated in manual in 1.470 mA.(twice a powerful incandescent lantern!); I wonder how near is of the limit (surely inconsistent among different labels)
    and what side it is.

It could be next experiment! ;) Screenshot_2017-06-19-17-21-05.png

17. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

Well the power in that case will be 15v*1.47a=22w on batteries. And the power supply it's capable of 57w. So the power on AC its 159% higher then batteries.

18. bronco

bronco Active Member

159% more powerful + infinitely more ecological + infinitely less expensive, so profit is huge, and morality evident: batteries for walkman!

:thumbsup:Glad of learning more about boxes, mate, (from the ones of the highly unknown to me "high power realm" now)

Cristyx likes this.
  19. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

I bought a cable, 12v DC and one the other side 12v auto, so when i go to picnic with my car, i can take my Panny with me, and powered it up from my 12v auto socket.:blameshift:

bronco likes this.
  20. Cristyx

Cristyx Member

The Sony CFS-W310L has arrived, small but good sounding box. Soon i will post a video with it.:boogie:

Attached Files: