1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello portable fanatics!

Discussion in 'Introducing myself' started by Orlando Cabrera, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Orlando Cabrera

Orlando Cabrera New Member

I bought my first portable - a Sony TPS-L2 - when I was 16 years old. I had to sell a lot of my comic book collection to buy it, but it was well worth it. Of course, now I wish I would have kept the comics and the Walkman! I recently purchased a mint Sony Walkman Professional WM-D3 from a seller on Offer Up for $10. The thing is immaculate, right down to its perfect original carry case and strap. After cleaning and demagnetizing the heads the machine played perfectly for about 5 minutes, then stopped. All you hear now when engaging the transport buttons is the click-clack of the gears. Surely, the center gear has cracked. I did quite a bit of research before coming across the post on stereo2go.com that talks about a replacement gear being created. Very much interested in further developments.

2. Helaba

Helaba Active Member

Welcome Orlando! Nice story! I see you already found the correct thread for your cracked gear! For the price you paid for the D3, i think you can allow yourself a new gear for iT!

3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Welcome to S2G, Orlando! :)

4. bronco

bronco Active Member

:)Welcome to S2G, Orlando!