1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to sell your TPS-L2 for BIG Money

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Helaba, May 27, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Nope not me. Mine should fetch a higher price as my headphones still have the original foam in pristine condition. LOL. Don't think i'll sell mine anytime soon.

2. Simon

Simon Active Member

I bought my TPS-L2 in a car boot sale for £5 last weekend, received my new belts from Marian yesterday and have just replaced them.

I also had the motor running the wrong way first attempt but it's now sounding lovely.

Just having a tea break before resoldering the white wire back to the mic which I must have broken when I was prying the mic out.

I would like to repaint the silver plastic on the front face as other than this (which has some dark marks probably from rubbing) its in very nice condition. Has anyone done this? If so, can you share paint type/best process?

3. Chris

Chris Active Member

Haven't done this yet but planning to soon. From what I can gather from this video (as recommended to me by Helaba), you're supposed to sand it, apply a plastic primer and then some new silver paint.

Simon likes this.
  4. Simon

Simon Active Member

Thanks Chris. Finished my repairs for the day. New belts, and mic now working. Listening to an old House of Pain cassette to test it
    15031706960971881857088.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Chris likes this.