1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's my setup?

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by Chris, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Active Member

I've got my Panasonic RX-DS660 boombox, Sony TC-K570 deck, Yamaha DSP-A990 amplifier, Sinclair ZX Spectrum + 2, 2 laptops (one of which was purchased from a local computer fair for a very good price), 32" Hitachi TV and various Walkmans. Not bad for a room in uni halls...right?

I've got everything connected to the amplifier so I can choose what I want to listen to with the push of a button, very useful when I'm gaming and listening to music at the same time.

image.jpg image (1).jpg

2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Better than I have here at home !

Back in 1989 I had to find a better paid job (Principal Engineer at £13850 PA) in order to afford things like a new 25" Toshiba TV.
    The TV did cost £440 though which was more than the 32" Toshiba Full HD LCD I replaced it with eight years ago.

Chris likes this.
  3. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

LOL. In 1989 I still had a 15" black and white. Didn't upgrade to color until 93.

Chris likes this.
  4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

That's a very cool set up for a student. My daughter is at uni and she has 4 boomboxes with her currently...the other students love em

Chris likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Active Member

Unfortunately, most of the people on my course are more interested in modern technology, which is hardly surprising. The Panasonic is my only boombox, I’m definitely more of a Walkman person.

6. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

Nice setup Chris! I'm a little bit older but I love matching the old with the new. I've got some real Frankenstein Systems and that's half the fun. I tend to turn up the 80's music but I love most music and really like having a computer interface connected to an old-school amp or receiver.

Chris likes this.