1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm on a three piece bender!

Discussion in 'I found this!' started by Mister X, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

DSCN2170SM.jpg

Back in the old days the only three piece boxes I'd ever see were mostly bottom of the line units. A few years ago I found a JVC PC-55W and almost didn't buy it when first I walked past it. After checking it out and seeing that it wasn't a load of BPC I bought my first 3-piecer since I was a young kid on a limited budget. Since then I've picked up a few others along the way but once again I've found another JVC Unit.

This one was didn't look too promising at first because it was missing the handle. but I got a decent deal on it and was pleasantly surprised when it showed up. Beside the handle missing, everything it in very good condition. I fired it up and it sounds great and as a bonus everything works nicely. These might be classified as more of a four piece unit since the middle section splits up. A lot of the higher end units would split up and be spread out over a desk or headboard. There's some extra connections on the back I'm trying to figure out, some of these had an even rarer compact record player but good luck finding one of those.

There's also an interesting feature I've never seen before, switchable aux/phono rca jacks. Most guys on here will know that in most cases you can't connect a phono to normal rca jacks, this one solves that but it's only one set of right and left jacks. I guess they didn't count on CD and phono co-existing. So here it is the JVC PC 11JW.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  2. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Try the Telefunken Studio 1M, the three-piecer to end all three piecers :music:

3. Mister X

Telefunken and Grundig are fairly rare around here, I'd have to stalk the European Sites to find one but maybe one-day.

4. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

yes the telefunken is the one to get....the pc 11 is great as long as you change those shiat drivers, picked one up for £15 last year.....also the jvc pc5 is one of the best

5. Mister X

I haven't swapped out any speakers on any audio I own, I tend to stick to the originality. If I need better sound I just grab something else but I'm more of a six-pack crank it kind of guy, as long as there's little distortion I can handle the different sounds and kind of find it like craft beer, all-over the place...

6. Patron

Patron Active Member

3 piece are nice, I have a few and love them.