1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard Boombox Restoration!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by 2channelhero, Apr 3, 2017.

1. 2channelhero

2channelhero Active Member

I bought this Fisher SC-300k for a fair price in poor condition. It was full of sawdust from being in a workshop somewhere. Keys were all yellow and grime all over it, but I know these are very sought after and had to take the chance at fixing this one up! It got dropped during shipping and the speakers were busted out of place. The tape deck needed new belts and new heads because someone stabbed them with a screwdriver for some godawful reason. I disassembled and cleaned the keyboard and painted the keys back to a nice white. Replaced the play head with a M&X head and erase head with a 4gap. Sounds great now! The keyboard works perfect! Great classic 1- note polyphonic keys and lots of cool beat patterns and chords. The line-in is good, but the tuner is barely making sound even at full volume. Not sure what's going on there, but I'm just glad to have it working as well as it does. image.jpeg
    Before
    image.jpeg
    After image.jpeg
    After again image.jpeg
    Replacement heads

2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Such a crazy box! Looks way better after your resto, well done

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I have this model in black / dark gray color and sounds really good. but the keyboard keys are not as whitish as your box. , Did you use hydrogen peroxide to clean the keyboard keys?

4. 2channelhero

2channelhero Active Member

I meticulously disassembled the keyboard and spray painted the keys with Rustoleum gloss white. All the white keys are attached together in one strip, as well as the black keys.