1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lionel Richie on minidisc?

Discussion in 'Other formats: DCC, MD, Reel 2 reel, CD...' started by Boodokhan, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I have been searching Ebay for more than a year for any possible Lionel Richie/ Commodores on minidisc and haven't been successful to find one.
    Do you think whether or not any commodores ever produced on minidisc?
    I am also looking for the following on minidisc.

ABBA (any album)
    Modern Talking (German band)
    C.C. Catch

2. Machaneus

Machaneus Well-Known Member

Have you searched Discogs ? I found one Abba (not any for sale though) but none from Commodores.

Boodokhan likes this.
  3. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I think lots of recordings were only released in the formats of their time.

I was rather surprised to find that the Spice Girls videos were never released in the UK on DVD.
    I do have the Spice Girls Playstation (1) Game and the VHS tape though :redface

More recently labels like Cherry Pop have done a lot of re-releases on CD of recordings that might originally been mainly LP and Cassette
    often including bonus tracks or even DVDs together with lots of notes on the history of the recordings.

I think MiniDisc is probably as dead as VHS is nowadays with regards to new releases.

4. Boodokhan

I have tried Discogs and different sites like gumtree, yahoo japan auction but no luck so far
    The minidisc of ABBA on Discogs is not really performed by ABBA and it is in my watch list but not available for sale as you mentioned
    Thanks anyway

5. Boodokhan

Minidisc is a dead format and i have no doubt about it. I have probably less than 30 minidisc devices and want to have certain albums to play on these devices.
    Unfortunately many of my favorite songs never produced on minidiscs

6. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

I thought that one of the main attractions of Minidisc was the recording function.
    The Sony in my Avatar has the MDLink optical output so you could record from CD
    to Minidisc using an Optical Digital link.

When they were still on the market friend who was really into high end HiFi bought a couple of Minidisc recorder separates
    saying they were ideal for recording and playing back sound effects etc for the Amateur dramatics group he was involved in.