1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a Sony WM-3

Discussion in 'Gear you want' started by enryfox, Feb 5, 2017.

1. enryfox

enryfox Active Member

When I was a kid in 1983 I was gifted this very walkman, a Sony WM-3 deluxe.

e08eabe3e17ea3aa263198e5ccaa0921.jpg

I kept it very carefully until late 80's when it was mostly obsoleted by miniaturisation technology developments and I sold it to a then friend of mine who I'm no longer in contact with and cannot ask if I can buy it back.
    I would like to buy one, but I'm looking for a boxed WM-3 with all its accessories, including the two songs Sony demo tape. I really do not know what would be the appropriate price, on ebay and similar sites I see different prices ranging from 180 to 500+ EUR depending on the conditions.

Any suggestion ?

thanks
    bye

Enrico

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I think you're right with your price range.
    Anyway, I move this thread to the right place: "Gear you want"

3. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I Do not accept cash for any of my extra items. Instead i can accept another item in exchange. So Do you have anything with the same value to exchange it?

By the way a boxed WM-3 is not a rare item. You can get this from Ebay. Probably every month one shows up, and best of luck

4. enryfox

enryfox Active Member

Thanks but i do not have anything to exchange, i do have a few walkman's and they are not very valuable ( i sort of like the underdog models).

Yes, a boxed wm3 is not exactly a rare item, but they often miss something. Moreover in Europe, prices are crazy. In Italy there is boxed wm3 for sale at 560 Eur without the headphone. Way too much.

I will keep looking!

Bye

5. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I will keep you posted once i see one on sale. It wont take long to find one .