1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For Wm-100 Battery Compartment

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Liamrocksla0, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Liamrocksla0

Liamrocksla0 New Member

I am personally and have seen many other Sony Wm-100's being sold without their battery compartments, does anyone know of either a compatible ready made one or have one for sale? i have already posted in the looking for thread and haven't found anything
    Thanks for the help,
    Liamrocksla0

2. Brandon

Brandon Member

I'm after one as well , it did cross my mind to get one made from 3d print , but I'm just going to buy a unit take the battery compartment & re-selling the unit a few times @ )

3. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure what a battery compartment is, are you looking for a gumstick battery, a door, or a battery holder or something else?

There was a thread on here years ago, one of the members was making battery doors by cannibalizing other doors and gluing them together, it was pretty close to ingenious but I can't find the thread, it had to be around 2005....

4. Brandon

Brandon Member

Hi , I'm sure he's looking for one of these

Regards

Attached Files:

5. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

This is a common search for the 100 series. For some reason or another, owners lost/ broke these en masse and now we have a slew of Sony's without them. This seems like a mystery for Scooby Doo!

Good luck with your search. It may be cheaper in the long run to buy a "for parts/ Not working" model on Ebay just for that. That's what I do quite often, even with boomboxes.

6. Liamrocksla0

Liamrocksla0 New Member

do you or does anyone know of a possible 3rd party maker? if there is such a thing? i've tried messaging sellers to buy just the battery pack from them, though they seem to always be declined because they will "make the package incomplete". which personally makes me a little sad.
    Thanks for the help guys!
    Liamrocksla0

7. bub

bub Active Member

I think sometimes the only choice is to wait for a parts unit too.

The 100 series was Sony's first model with an external pack. Unfortunately it does not snap on very well and is prone to breaking, which is why so many are lost. They did not get the battery pack design right until 1-2 generations later with the screw-on design.

Antoni likes this.
  8. Liamrocksla0

Liamrocksla0 New Member

if anyone can get me a bunch of different of photos from a bunch of different angles i can try and design a 3d printable model and see if i can get it to work. both me and my father are a bit experienced in fabrication and 3d modeling and this would be an interesting challenge to overcome with our newly assembled 3d printer and i'd be willing to sell maybe the kit or the file as a thing.
    yet again i'd like to thank you all for the help, it truly is amazing!
    Liamrocksla0

9. cooldude

cooldude New Member S2G Supporter

Liamrocksla0. I believe these came in a few different shapes and sizes over the years. I can take pictures. Let me know the models and angles that you would like.

10. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

11. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

@Liamrocksla0 I hope you find the part you are looking for.
    I am going on a trip for 2 weeks, when i comeback will check my walkman collection. I am sure that i have this part. If i find 2 of them one will be yours at no cost.
    If i find only one will take a lot of pictures with all the measurements and place the pictures here.

Brutus442 likes this.
  12. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

A very kind gesture Boodokhan. It's reasons like this that make this community what it is. Cheers gents!

Boodokhan likes this.
  13. Boodokhan

Unfortunately I have only one battery compartment of this model
    I tried to take some pictures with measurements, please let me know if you need additional pictures

CFD684A4-24DB-45E1-9CF4-40BBDDE212DA.jpeg A6BB3F43-CF18-4EF6-9868-746D7A49AA37.jpeg A2B760CF-7BFC-446A-8719-0533ACA0D1DB.jpeg C1239CF9-750F-4D7F-8196-E1B2845896B4.jpeg 49F9DC44-0AC6-4E57-9DCB-EA2F601031E9.jpeg D526B582-97CD-4B76-9149-E7D3EBBC0D97.jpeg 8A527F48-AB9A-49F0-9994-B7AB2118FA24.jpeg EF53A759-6F30-43E7-BBB9-33667443908F.jpeg

14. Liamrocksla0

Liamrocksla0 New Member

A late response I know, but what is the size of the of Capacitor that is under that copper contact? if you look at Brandon's previous picture the blue cylindrical object. I need to know the number along the side so I may finish this. and see if I can get these things running. Thank You Boodokhan for these measurements, the last one I need is the depth of the entire piece.
    Thank you all for all the help!
    If i can get these things working well i'll be willing to send you guys the working version.

15. bub

bub Active Member

usually, it's 220.

16. Harryl89

Harryl89 New Member

Hello,

Any progress? Desperate looking for 100 and 200 cases.....

17. Boodokhan

I am sorry that missed this message
    I will check it today and post it with new pictures

18. Boodokhan

19. Harryl89

Harryl89 New Member

4FAE1FCF-AEA1-4229-9AF2-F01E04DC55FD.jpeg 7987E07E-936F-4BB5-9BE5-F7D8613726A5.jpeg 41376ADF-5574-4498-897F-6FF84E5129CA.jpeg Meanwhile....

I own one F200II and a F203 without Battery Compartement.
    Bought a normal Battery Case for AA, use some 2side Tape and voila, I can use my F200.

Not very beautiful but the only way I can use this very nice Walkman!

I would really love to get a new built Compartment.

By the Way, is a cracked Gear on the Reel a common Problem ?

20. Boodokhan

You are very creative Harryl89

regarding your question about cracked wheel, It is very common for DD central gear but can be seen on many other models like WM-10/20/30/
    WM-150, WM 800 ....
    Does your walkman click? if you hear a clicking sounds look for a cracked gear