1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loving boxes

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Bflax, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Bflax

Bflax Member

Hi Johan, thanks for the respond and no, no small ones, i do have some smaller once like the 8585 sharp and so on at an other wall but all those has to go because im moving to a smaller apartment so im only going to keep the big ones.

there's alot of boxes to like out there and some need more work then other so work.
    have a nice day.

Navpers likes this.
  2. Bflax

Bflax Member

Hi, probably its an illness, sorry for making it feels like bragging..

3. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

Superb display of power, Rock on

4. Big Bad John

Big Bad John Member

Sharp WQ T484E.JPG Hitachi 3D Super Woofer TRK 3D50E.jpg Panasonic TR 1200G front.JPG Hitachi TRK 3D88E Double deck boombox twin drive.jpg Philips D8334 Double deck boombox.jpg
    Well I've got six boxes now, I dumped the Sharp 10P28H because the thing stopped working, when it did work the cassette deck didn't, couldn't get a thing on the TV for obvious reasons, the Philips D8334 has been fixed, both tapes and the radio works so I'll keep it. I got the Sharp 10P18H which was listed as working perfectly but nothing on the TV, any more than six boxes in my little flat and I won't have room to live in it! Both TV ghetto blasters need the TV seen to and are stored in the shed but the other four machines work fine barring minor issues

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  5. Bflax

Bflax Member

Hi.

so im in the last month before moving from my house to a small apartment, the last two month i have moving my big nice garage to a smaller garage so there whas a ton of Sh*t that has to bin sold or put at the graveyard, but now im all installed in a new garage and two cars less... had to sell my 51 and 78 pickup trucks..
    and for the home i have bin selling alot of stuff and packing everything else so there is never time or energie to sit at the computer.
    and for all my boxes, well it is not going to fit at the new place.. not all of them so what did i do... well im the best friend they can have..
    i have bin giving away alot of boxes to my friends, or if they wanted to pay they could.
    and it have bin alot of different one's not the big killers i have, but my Sharp 9191, 8585, 8686, aiwa, Silver, Sanyo and so on and so on..

some times it feel kind of good to give. in all this mess...

Radio Raheem likes this.
  6. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Welcome Bflax!
    The collection of legends right there on your wall...NICE!

Bflax likes this.
  7. Bflax

Bflax Member

thank you Brutus :wave:

Brutus442 likes this.
  8. Bflax

Bflax Member

Hey to you all out there.

its summer time, im on my vacation and not doing much, trying to relax from all that the spring has giving me with moving to a new smaler garage, and needed to sell some cars and alot of stuff and get installed in the new one. after that and at the same time a had to move from my house to a smaller apartment and i sold everything i had and got new stuff that only is from the 60s and the 70s and i mean everything from furniture to forks and knifes. well it has bin a really busy spring and i did sold and give away alot of smaller boomboxes and now when everything is installed in the new renovated apartment there where only 3 boxes that didnt could fitt on the shelf. sorry tho that some of the boxes is behind the couch. any how.. im really happy about the new place, its smaller and only things that i like in it.

i hope you guys doing alright out there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pic from me and me lovely one.

[​IMG]
    This cool wallpaper is NOS. we have a place here in sweden that selling what they can get, so they hade 31 rolls of the green from 1975 and only 3 of the red from 1976, so i bought 5 green rolls and all the 3 red ones.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Radio Raheem likes this.
  9. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Stepping into your new place must be like travelling with a time-machine: cool, hospitable and... vintage! Great furniture, wonderful selection of boomboxes (&. on the outside, spectacular car)! I dare say that your move is the perfect example of less-(space)-is-better! :)

Just out of curiosity: which unit is the first from the left in the second row (on the left side of a Lasonic TRC 931) in the first of the five pictures above?

Brutus442 and Bflax like this.
  10. Bflax

Bflax Member

Thank you for that Samovar. is this the box you asking about. Espace L-999
    [​IMG]
    or did you mean this PanaMax Sec-3030
    [​IMG]

it sure feels like traveling back in time and its hard to get things in a picture and how many things i know have that is from back then, and i really mean everything you do use everyday in the kitchen or what so ever,, and everything is green, yellow, orange or brown,
    my bed set and curtins too :wink2 i just love it. and many may not notice first but i do not have a television :thumbsup:

11. Bflax

Bflax Member

and since im on it i can show some bedset and curtins and there where almost one thing o forgot, we also had the time to rebuild a van, with everything inside, ower projectvan so we can drive around and live in it for the summer. so we toke everyting out and put in white teddy in the roof and green on the sides, vintage flower curtins and so on, i think i went crazy nice..
    Enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Damn i love your apartment !! That is one of the coolest places i have seen. You have really embraced the time period and the result is stunnning

Radio Raheem, Brutus442 and Bflax like this.
  13. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

The experience of looking at your pictures sends me back to childhood. You surey know how to create a time-niche with a piece of furniture, a rug, a few linen & some wallpaper! :):)

The box that baffled me was the Panamax -- the Espace, a very visual and loud but sadly fragile cheap plastic box, was already familiar to me (I happen to owe one, so I know...)

Thanks for sharing your collection and a slice of the 1960s with us ;)

Brutus442 and Bflax like this.
  14. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

Maybe the last couple of posts should be in the "How Retro are You"

http://www.stereo2go.com/forums/threads/how-retro-are-you.991/page-2

thread but I enjoyed them.

Bflax's pictures of the fabric reminded me of some greetings cards I have bought recently
    IMG_8663.JPG

A local indoor market has a stall entirely of these, new old stock. Apparently the seller bought them all in the
    1970s then went changed career and put them in storage until recently.

The golden haired girl (I doubt if the gold will show in the photo) is Copyright 1969 from a company called
    "Circa 2000" in Illinois. That was when the Year 2000 seemed way in the Future.

The big orange flower is a sticker to brighten up your fake wood furniture.

p.s. The Chevy Campervan reminds me of ones you used to get at the Bristol Custom car show in the early 1980s.
    You very rarely see any car customisation in the UK these days.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Bflax likes this.
  15. Bflax

Bflax Member

Thank you so much for that T-ster...
    I do have more to do but its need money and time to find it..

16. Bflax

Bflax Member

Hey..
    Its always cool to find Nos stuff..
    And yeah its hard to see custom cars like the old days here to..
    And particly vans is no longer existing..
    In sweden the Rust has taking most of them.. so peolple buy them super cheap and take the engine and trany and crush the rest of it.. go back 10 years you could find 50 or 100 vans for sale.. and good ones... this days there are no more than 5... that is good to goo sort of speak..

17. Bflax

Bflax Member

Alright.. yeah the espace is super plastic and cheap.. i was a little bit stuned over the panamax because the impression of seeing it or hold it feels cheap but do play and sound bether than the espace.. i first thought they should be likely the same..

Realy thanks for liking my place... i have bin driving around everywhere for some things.. i drive 500km for buying the green furniture and the tables, got it for 55$ then drive 120km for that super nice tall floor lamp for 20$
    Other things i got from the same as ebay but swedish site..

18. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I love the way you upgraded your van to a fantastic relaxing spot. Enjoy your expeditions with your beautiful van, your lovely one and of course with your great boomboxes.

Bflax likes this.
  19. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Woah, classy! :thumbsup:

Bflax likes this.
  20. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

Looking at you apartment reminds me of my moms house. It's a living museum to the 70's

I have to love your Chevy "Shaggin' Wagon" as well call them here. I have to ask if you have the 5.0L or the 5.7L in the van? I'm very familiar with both engines and do recall that Chev put them in their vans as well.

P.S. Is that black and white photo of Michael White from the White Stripes?

Bflax, samovar and Radio Raheem like this.