1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MARK 0A-8171 aka Conion C-100F and Clairtone 7980 BOOMBOX

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by PHILIP[, Nov 27, 2017.

1. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

I saw this for sale on E-BAY which looks rare but I am no expert .The only downside is the price
    MARK 0A-8171 aka Conion C-100F and Clairtone 7980 BOOMBOX

2. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

I saw this too. Was wondering if anyone was going to put out just to have a different name. It is unique for sure

3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL!!! I wonder how much this baby would improve my appreciation of The Moment:
    image.jpg
    Celebrating today's success in cracking the glitch in my Wadia 781i :)

4. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure what that red thing is Jorge but it looks pretty cool, I definitely know what that foamy stuff is!

Here's the Mark 0A-8171 AKA Conion C-100F, years down the road someone's going to want a picture and it may be the only one.

Mark 0A-8171.jpg

Mystic Traveller likes this.
  5. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

this is the beauty! Love it!

Mine is Sencor S-4800, the only Swiss-something (designed at least, maybe even made) bbox from the days when I could afford collecting Swiss watches and was going nuts about everything "Swiss". Good'ol'days... :)

6. samovar

samovar Well-Known Member

Member TK from the old forum had 3 Mark 0A-8171, they were sold in the Scandinavian countries.

7. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

The first one I've ever seen however, leave it up to me to spot that the tape run indicator is lit without a tape in or any buttons depressed. Probably needs a belt or has a lower deck issue. It also means that the stereo would need to be unplugged before it would turn off since the leaf switch that controls the deck motor and signals the tape run also keeps the box powered up.