1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Grace Jones Fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TooCooL4, Oct 25, 2017.

1. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys for any Grace Jones fans among us Bloodlight And Bami opens tonight :bigthumbsup:

I am going to be there after work today :rockonbaby

2. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Damn that should be awesome, let us know man!

3. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Just came back from seeing the Film / Documentary.

Being the premiere night, we had live footage so we could see the guests arriving and being interviewed. We saw Grace Jones arriving and being interviewed on the way in, she was very emotional every time her mother was mentioned. Her mother was in the film but sadly died before the end so was not around to see the finished film.

If you are a Grace fan I would recommend seeing the film, I learned a few things I did not know about her. The album Hurricane is autobiographical. I love the track Williams blood. I did not know that her mother’s side of the family is called Williams and the father’s side is called Jones. She spoke with affection about her mother and father, but her father sounds like a complete bastard. If I had a father like that, I don’t think I would ever speak to him.

This film will not disappoint, it’s typical Grace Jones. Talented, mischievous with some bad language and tantrums thrown in for good measure. A lot of the making of the Hurricane album was in this documentary.

The only criticism I have was in the early part of the documentary when she went home to Jamaica the footage in the cars and mini bus was all shaky and unwatchable for me.

The music was excellent throughout the documentary, which was to be expected.

Again since it was premiere night, we had live Q&A after and Grace was just amazing, mischievous, naughty plus also still emotional at anything to do with her mother. I am not sure people watching the documentary in days to come will get any of what we got on premiere night but the section was very very good and funny. It’s a must see section if it’s included, she embarrassed a few people in a funny way at the Q&A section.

From me the film gets a big thumbs up, but then I may be biased as I am big a Grace Jones Fan.