1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My box at the beach

Discussion in 'Chat Area' started by Transistorized, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

Hi S2G community and friends :)

All who know me, know that I have always cringed at the idea of taking any of my boxes down to the beach for fear of the salt air on the electronics and sand in the mechanics. Well...I am happy to say that I faced that phobia head on and overcame the fear.

My wife and I went to the beach last week. I always bring a box but most of the time it stays hidden in my room. Not this time. Everything turned out fine :) I was careful and cautious to not let one particle of sand anywhere where harm could be done but also not obsessing out it (hence facing my fear).

From Breakfast to Evening cocktails, the box performed flawlessly with the 5Ah battery modification and came back unscathed. A few thumbs up and a few private party pictures were taken..lol. Enjoyed every minute and glad I did it. My phobia is "cautiously" cured :)

Speaking of pictures, I figured I would also share a few of the box on our trip

20171004_133203.jpg 20171004_091935.jpg 20171002_151025.jpg 20171003_063647.jpg 20171003_063816.jpg 20171005_070652.jpg 20171005_201613.jpg

2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Boombox + beach = good times :)

Transistorized likes this.
  3. Mystic Traveller

Mystic Traveller Well-Known Member

Worth repeating here as well: That's Class! :thumbsup:

4. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Transistorized you are my kind of guy, based on the bottles placed on top of The Beast! What was playing? :)
    What did you play the "morning after"? o_O
    My favorite is "Shamal" by Gong. LP, or if the bottle was finished and I am unable to move, cassette. This is the sensitive moment when digital (and I do have Gong as Japanese mini-LP CD box) is seriously painful ;)

5. Transistorized

Transistorized Active Member

Thanks a lot :) At the moment that shot was taken we had indulged ourselves with quite a few drinks on our balcony and we had just learned that Tom Petty had passed away. The rest of that evening we celebrated Tom Petty's contribution to music with a 3 hour non stop tribute by playing every Tom Petty song I had. The next day I tuned into the local beach radio station which favored the 80's. On the beach I played a mixture of all kinds of music :)

6. davebush

davebush Active Member

nice