1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New JVC TOWER OF POWER LOL

Discussion in 'Home Audio Gear Chat Area' started by JAMESCYBERJOE, Feb 11, 2017.

1. JAMESCYBERJOE

JAMESCYBERJOE Member

I found this in my local goodwill, NOS unopened for 100 bucks and I gave it a new home. This is a monster. It's so loud the room shakes. I connected to my new Haier 49" 4K TV and I have a budget high end AV system.

Attached Files:

Patron likes this.
  2. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

3. JAMESCYBERJOE

JAMESCYBERJOE Member

Hahaha this machine in a dark room looks like an amusement park BUT it has good specs and sounds awesome. The tape deck is 20hz to 22khz and the amplifier is a full 20 to 20 and the s/n is 100db. The DVD changer player plays every kind of disc and format available including mp3, photo CD and DVD audio. It was found in the wild unopened. One drawback is that when played loud the cooling fan speeds up and can be heard. The tuner is good. The cassette records and plays chrome and metal tapes and there is an audio input port. I am routing the TV audio thought that input and A headphone port is the 1/4" type. I love listening to TV with my JVC XX headphones. The speakers are a biamp design. JVC provided neat cables that combines 6 wires in one for each speaker. The power cord and the speakers wiring are detachable which I like. This was made in 2010 it said and Bluetooth wasn't popular just yet at the time.

JVC and Panasonic made these stereos in Malaysia. Including that kaboom box and portable component systems. I wonder if they are still making these wonderful machines??

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Longman likes this.
  4. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Wow that is, interesting. It looks like a chav ram raided halfords then richer sounds and this was the result.

Chris, kitchen10 and Northerner like this.
  5. JAMESCYBERJOE

JAMESCYBERJOE Member

It is weird looking but sounds awesome

6. Patron

Patron Active Member

I like it , I like it a lot. These were expensive in its day.

7. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

cheap end hifi but i like it, wouldn't say no to one if i didn't have over a dozen hifi to begin with, well worth $100 congrats on a nice score

8. JAMESCYBERJOE

JAMESCYBERJOE Member

The model is a JVC HX-3 "Tower Of Power" the portable version was the JVC HX-200 "Kaboom Box". I had one of those too. I sold it and have regretted it ever since :-(

9. JAMESCYBERJOE

JAMESCYBERJOE Member

My TV and this stereo system cost, with sales tax, 350 bucks. Good performance and cheap.

10. JAMESCYBERJOE

JAMESCYBERJOE Member

HAHAHA I know what you mean. I didn't need it but for 100 bucks I had to have it. This was expensive when new.

Radio Raheem likes this.
  11. Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem Well-Known Member

You're a bugger James haha went looking for one of these on ebay and guess what, zilch, just as well as id have probably bought one
    but it seems jvc gear is getting rare these days my man:wink:

12. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

13. JAMESCYBERJOE

JAMESCYBERJOE Member

Thanks Radio Raheem. I have a "nose" for sniffing these things out. I have a room full of this stuff. It relaxes me LOL I always look in the Goodwill and thrift stores. There is certainly treasures to be found amongst the the usual junk in those places.

14. nickeccles

nickeccles Well-Known Member