1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My two Sharps :)

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by buzbox, Dec 2, 2017.

1. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

I'm a Walkman guy but also a boom box fan so here are two of my Sharps. Red is a GF-7 and the blue is a QT-27. Both work well and sound is quite good too.

IMG_1834.jpg IMG_1833.jpg

deech, Easthelp and Mystic Traveller like this.
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The GF7 is a lovely mini. The QT27 ain't bad...easy to find and comes in lots of colours which is fun, I've a few knocking around awaiting fixing :)

3. Easthelp

Easthelp Active Member

Compact and fetching, aren’t they? I seem to remember thinking of of buying a cream- or beige-coloured Sharp mini-box on eBay in August 2015. I think it was a QT-7, though, not a GF-7. (I did locate images of a beige GF-7 on eBay minutes ago, sold in September 2015. Anyway, I ended up going for a much bigger JVC RC-M50 later that month, set-upon tape deck and all, I sigh.)

Our Northerner seems to know that the GF-7 is more desireable than the QT-27. The GF-7’s very compact, weight-saving build means that it replies on DC electronics and not on personally preferred AC circuitry with a two-prong power-cord jack.

The apparently slightly larger QT-27 is probably more powerful. I also assume that it runs on AC power as well as having DC and battery options. Say, does anyone feel that those squared, slotted microphone-like ports give the model a faintly irreverent vibe, almost as if it has sideburns? (Or do I need more deep sleep? LOL)

Anyway, either of those Sharps is the sort of thing that I often feel would keep me company as I take care of chores. (Oh, like that hill of dishes, me trying not to spend all morning, noon or night fiddling with the two shortwave bands in the name of listening variety …)

4. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

The GF-7 is a nicer unit and sound quality is quite good too. On the other hand the QT-27 has some speakers crackle on the left speaker. I wonder if its the speaker or a capacitor issue.

5. Mister X

Mister X Moderator Staff Member

I have a soft spot for the small boxes and it's a bonus when they aren't the standard black or silver. The nice thing is when you display these next to the big guys everyone always makes a comment on the bright colored little box regardless of the rarity or audio quality.