1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a DD33 and a DD30 owner Please

Discussion in 'Tech talk' started by wm_dan, Nov 23, 2017.

1. wm_dan

wm_dan Member

Hi Guys

Please can anyone tell me do the DD30 and DD33 have the same headphone output power?

My WM-DD3 has not a very powerful output amp and can only drive smaller headphones

But my DD33 can drive bigger ones just fine.

I have an opportunity to buy a DD30 but I don't want another walkman with a weak internal headphone amplifier

Thanks

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I have both of them and I bet they have the same output power Or at least very close to each other

3. buzbox

buzbox Active Member

Is the DD-30 one you recently purchased? If so then there is always a chance a previous owner has tried to play around with the level adjustment pots.

4. A O

A O Active Member

They were techincally identical

5. enryfox

enryfox Active Member

Output specification is identical, 10 + 10 mW with 32 ohm load. The output amp IC is the same (TA7688F) configured as unity gain amplifier (it increases the current output to manage low impedance load) but the megabass IC is different and that is responsible for voltage amplification. But I guess that voltage output is the same and anyway with volume set to 7 you already reach the maximum output allowed by the DC bias of the output amplifier.

6. wm_dan

wm_dan Member

Cheers for reply guys

Also my wm-dd3 had a ground issue which sounded like distortion high up in the volume range

I think it's ok now

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017