1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2018 Stereo2Go logo (with poll)

Discussion in 'Announcements and suggestions' started by walkman archive, Jan 30, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you like the new logo?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2018.
  1. I love it!

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Yes, looks good.

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Hmm, it doesn't look bad.

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Not really.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I prefer the old one.

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I'm glad to show you the new logo I've just designed for the site.

Still not definitive; small modifications allowed. Any suggestion?

new-logo-s2g-2018.png

nickeccles and Ken80s like this.
  2. Ken80s

Ken80s Well-Known Member

Hi Hugo, that was perfect! I like it very much.. Good job.

walkman archive likes this.
  3. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Is this to replace the colourful banner at the top of the site?

4. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

I guess it should.

5. deech

deech Well-Known Member

Add some boomboxes (old skool and from the golden era preffered 1978-1984) .

6. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

I thought perhaps it could be a little more colourful with say the writing and/or the walkman /headphones in say red. Since posting this I have seen the label by Ken for his boombox which certainly improves the look of his boombox no end . I was thinking that this sort of colouring might helot brighten up the new logo ..maybe the background could be in red rather than the writing etc . It might be worth doing a mock up both ways to see what it look like

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  7. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

No boomboxes at all?

Brutus442 likes this.
  8. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

Very interesting
    I have 3 suggestion

1- I like it to be colorful. I love that red color that is currently at the top of the page ( current logo with red "2").
    I think the logo shows a TPS-L2 with a headphone. Is it possible to make the walkman colorful with orange button?
    The idea of headphone instead of 2 is excellent.
    If the decision is to make TPS-L2 colorful then I would love to see orange foam for headphone.

2- The logo doesn't show any boombox. I would like to see a boombox pattern in the logo . I looked at the logo and thought how to place a boombox in the logo . I am not a designer and don't have experience of designing logos, but maybe it can be inside "O"( an iconic boombox like M90 inside "O")

3- "back to the origins" doesn't need to be in the logo. The Logo itself should dictate what original is. Placing this "back to the origins" comment in the logo makes it complicated . I like simplicity.

Brutus442 likes this.
  9. Nickfish

Nickfish Member

Hugo.
    While i am still very appreciative that you 'saved' the site, the absence of most of the boombox fraternity these days suggests that something is wrong with this. The new logo does not feature a boombox at all. I think that says it all really. You are not interested in me, so i have little interest in this site any more. It's not that i have gone over to Boomboxery because i don't want to.
    You wanted a walkman site and you have it. Good for you. I have been making a small donation every month since you suggested we did so and i will be cancelling that today because, as i see it; this is the final nail in the coffin. Bloody disrespectful actually.
    Obviously i resign as a moderator but to be honest there was little useful that i could do with that anyway. I will still stop by from time to time just in case you have a change of heart but i won't hold my breath. I just wish that you had more clearly explained your intentions from the outset.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  10. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

I think there was unhappiness with the current logo and its lack of boomboxes (save for the glimpse of a 90s Panasonic) and having a new logo with no boomboxes is a poor move. The original stereo2go was built around the boombox culture and just because the current owner is a walkman aficionado i don't think excluding the boombox members is a good idea. Of course if you would prefer a site for walkman and nothing else then this move is fine as that is where we are heading anyway.

I personally do not like the new logo irrespective of the lack of golden era boomboxes. I think the "back to origins" text is unnecessary.

Nickfish, retro, samovar and 2 others like this.
  11. Deliverance

Deliverance Active Member

I have to agree with the above ! Piss poor not to include at least one boombox in the logo and this will have a effect on current/new members . It looks to me that the forum is now just for walkmans but I guess that was the intention all along .

deech, retro, samovar and 2 others like this.
  12. autoreverser

autoreverser Well-Known Member

i also think there's at least one boombox missing - how about to include that logo within a bbx ?

....my very honest opinion: sorry, sir - i don't like it :shrug:

deech, nickeccles and samovar like this.
  13. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

Plus 1 for a boombox.This is the reason i joined!

Ghetto-Blaster-Logo1.jpg

Radio Raheem and Brutus442 like this.
  14. T-ster

T-ster Moderator Staff Member S2G Supporter

Seems like the people have spoken!

15. Chris

Chris Active Member

I like the logo, although I would say that it's not very clear that the headphones are supposed to be a '2', maybe have them in a different colour?

I don't think that the lack of boomboxes in the logo was intended to cause offence, I'm assuming it was to make the logo look more simple/modern by just having the one picture. If we are going for this design, the picture could be a Walkman or a boombox, it doesn't really bother me.

16. speedy2.0

speedy2.0 Active Member

I don’t like the origins text. I much prefer the current banner and logo... that said, it’s very easy to dislike design. As long as the technical brains are here I’m not bothered about design primarily

17. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

As other people have said the "Back to the Origins" is unnecessary - are we going back to wax cylinders ? :wink2

Change the Grey background to the outline of a boombox. It could be quite generic. I was trying to think of an example
    and saw these pencil erasers on my desk (the odd white lines are a reflection from the scanner).

Erasers0001.jpg

I wouldn't copy them as they are probably copyrighted (Wilko) but it gives the idea.

No one could name the make of boombox but everyone of people would recognise it as a one.

18. Risingsunproject

Sometimes i cannot help myself when i have time to kill!
    Its a boombox manifesto!

WE ARE HERE!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  19. Risingsunproject

You are a non believer declare if you are a ghettoblaster fan or a walkman fan...hahahahahah
    ps: WE LIKE TO DESTROY OVERPRICED FAULTY WALKMAN AND THROW THEM TO THE DUMPSTER!

20. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

LOL

Risingsunproject likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.