1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2018 Stereo2Go logo (with poll)

Discussion in 'Announcements and suggestions' started by walkman archive, Jan 30, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you like the new logo?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2018.
  1. I love it!

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Yes, looks good.

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Hmm, it doesn't look bad.

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Not really.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I prefer the old one.

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reli

Reli Well-Known Member

It's an egg though :dontlike

:lollegs:

Risingsunproject likes this.
  2. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Thanks, "eagle-eyed" @Longman! :) Now I see it too... Wow, there is also D-555 Discman there! o_O
    Until I manage to come up with something, I cast my vote for the existing banner. This new one is not colorful enough for my tastes, I also cannot quite understand how to extend this new logo into a banner.

Longman likes this.
  3. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

Just saying...Peace!

. ghetto.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  4. Risingsunproject

My profile states that i am war happy that's all (kidding again)
    You could incorporate a box in the existing logo created maybe add some color to it
    It does not have to be this one!I just found it cool!
    The possibilities are endless and i am just thinking outside the box

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Radio Raheem, Brutus442 and Reli like this.
  5. Risingsunproject

Another way.However i would consider the blue linings you got on the rest of the website since the old one may be nothing special but does not feel "apart" from the site.

And i am not a designer (i hate most of them with all my heart just because of personal experience and the quick buck they want to make for zero effort)

Damn i kinda start liking myself................lets try another one later!

ghetto3.jpg

Jorge likes this.
  6. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

@Risingsunproject Here we go! No Discmans, but I am Not offended;)
    Since this site is mostly about Walkmans, what about a pile of those on the left side?

7. Risingsunproject

Good idea as long as we find a picture that is colorful enough to match the other one or vise versa the go must become maybe smaller and the stereo bigger with altering the characters a little cause right now i am reading GO plus someone has to fix the banner dimentions to fit right
    i did this in 15 secs just by looking at the logo and that is why i dislike web designers.You would be paying me 50 euro for the effort already and maybe 100-200 for the final design.We can throw in a discman and a hifi for all i care and i like my payment in sharps gf 777s ha!

8. Risingsunproject

But you know what they say: Opinions are like a@#holes,everybody has one!
    Sorry its too late or too early for me right now!

Small hints to the creator concerning coloration combos of the letters and since he has a huge collection of walkman and photographed it should not be a problem of coming up with a slick result similar to his personal website but still different.Then again wrap it up and sell it.For me the inexperienced it would take an hour to make some minor modifications to the one that knows his program maybe half that time

Walkmans+favoritas+Hugo+02.jpg

R-1263415-1204712829.jpeg.jpg

9. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

C'mon guys, you are acting a bit like kids. Do you really think that is some sort of conspiracy towards walkmans and against boombox? Really?
    A logo is not a webpage header, and a webpage header is not a logo. They are different things.
    A header must include a logo but it can also include other elements.
    I've been thinking about a good logo for the site and I can assure you that it's difficult. I know a few things about design and I'm lucky that my wife is a renowed designer that works for the CCCB, MACBA and other big art museums in Barcelona. She knows much more about design than me, and she gave me just a few corrections and finally her approvation to the one you can see here, although I added the top sentence later.
    A good design has to be simple and clean. I sarted with colors: blue for the TPS-L2, orange for the headphone sponges... but it didn't work as good. Too many things in there. I had to simplify colors and lines, and now it looks much better.

Here's the colourful logo:

new-logo-s2g-2018-color.png

After months of trying to figure out how to put a "2" into the logo I came up with the idea of using the headphones, so a walkman was absolutely logical beside them. Reason why there is a walkman and a headphone.
    Does that mean there cannot be a boombox in the new website header? No, I never said that. But I still didn't draw it. I started drawing a TPS-L2 completely and it's not as quick ad easy. It's not a photo, it's full vector drawing. I have to draw a boombox yet, and I'll do, as well as a Discman.

Some of you feel somewhat displaced or something and are stating some reasons that I find a bit simple (some even childish IMHO) for that. Well, if I take that lane, I'd say to you that the boombox subforums -all them- are in first place in this whole site, followed by walkmans and then the rest, so something should be wrong... don't you think?

@Nickfish , please, don't see something where there's nothing.
    @Risingsunproject, please stop adding fire or I'll delete your posts here.

So yes, I'll draw a boombox to the header but I don't think adding a boombox or replacing the walkman with a boombox will be a good idea, at least if we want a good, elegant and clean site logo.
    Now, do you want me to draw a M90 for the header? Or another model?

Boodokhan likes this.
  10. Risingsunproject

No more fire from me if there was one
    Allow me to respectfully disagree with some of your comments.
    At the end i just gave some design ideas the rest was just fun as i stated in the comments.
    Some may took the chance of creating an internal war i am mocking both sides,however my "aristophanic sarcasm" may not reach everybody
    With that said i let the other members state what they like or dislike.
    I did my part!

11. walkman archive

Just a small addition: a good logo has to be clean, simple and elegant. But it also should be in a way that it could be printed with just one ink (one color) and it has to be readable and recognizable in small sizes (or view by far), as well as be drawed so it could be upsized without quality loss. And I'm trying to check all those marks.
    This is why I'm trying to design a good logo from the pure design point of view.

12. Risingsunproject

This rule applies to all logos and when you want to use them on larger scale or for different purposes
    As you can see i left the logo as it was and tackled only the other elements without knowing the sizes of the banner you want to create
    However under a loop i can find different colors even on this clean logo as you say.But this is under a loop and of an uploaded file by you i copied not the original.
    Now be so kind and tell me what is wrong with such a design in the idea not the performance.
    ghetto3.jpg

13. walkman archive

It's a nice idea, but to my taste there are too many boomboxes in there. However, there are two things I don't like:
    • Using other's photo is not something I like, unless I have his/her permission and got the original, hi-res image to adapt it to the design.
    • Using photos with this simple, one-color design is something I'd prefer to avoid. I'd prefer to add a boombox draw.

Risingsunproject likes this.
  14. Risingsunproject

At least i know now you can debate and discuss an idea or else i would be loosing more of my IQ on a keyboard spilling more blood from my eyes!
    Having original pics or creating ones of course will ease up the design and help the designer to have a clean result.
    However ones that are free to find on the net are not copyrighted images and can be used if you can find them in good quality (and nobody will say a thing)
    The logo as it is with maybe some minor mod sticks out but you definitely need some color to the whole design
    You could even make pictures like those look like speakers or the frame like a boombox/tape but then you are getting more and more into something that is a small banner at the end. I like my design mod so i stick to my theory or view of things!

15. Risingsunproject

It actually looks like a vhs right now hahaha!

16. Chris

Chris Active Member

I really like this idea but with the coloured logo:

Haha, that could work:

vhs.png

Brutus442 and Risingsunproject like this.
  17. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I actually like the idea of the Walkman and the headphones making the ‘2’. I don’t like the ‘back to the origins’ as it makes no sense to me...there’s loads of audio stuff that predates what we talk about. I also don’t like the font particularly. But the basic part of the design I think is cool just needs some tweaking. And either adding something boombox related...or just be honest and close down the boombox side

18. walkman archive

That's exactly the kind of comment I was expecting to read. Thanks.

Northerner likes this.
  19. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Ok on topic...I don’t like the logo :)

20. walkman archive

No problem, all opinions are welcomed. Please wait for the header time, when I'll include a boombox.

Again: any preference for a particular model?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.