1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2018 Stereo2Go logo (with poll)

Discussion in 'Announcements and suggestions' started by walkman archive, Jan 30, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you like the new logo?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2018.
  1. I love it!

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Yes, looks good.

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. Hmm, it doesn't look bad.

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Not really.

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. I prefer the old one.

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Just something classic looking like a Lasonic TRC931 or similar I reckon

2. walkman archive

walkman archive Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, I appreciate. I'm working on it now.

3. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Now that I voted that "I prefer the old one" is a good time to ask: what was/is the "old logo" for S2G? :)
    Since discussion got immediately pushed into bbox/walkman presence I wrongly presumed its all about the banner

4. Boodokhan

Boodokhan Well-Known Member

I Like this colorful one better than the original one, but i think still we can make improvement to this logo
    and i like removing the "Back to the origins"

[​IMG]

anyway, I really appreciate how Hugo handles criticism. Some members instead of suggestions or recommendations (knowing that the logo is not official yet) started the words that are offensive or disrespectful.

5. TooCooL4

TooCooL4 Well-Known Member

Hi guys I have only just come back to read this post since my last comment asking if the logo is replacing the current one.

Why the hostility?
    This site is famous for people being nice / helpful and friendly to each other and at the moment that reputation is going down the toilet.

You cannot please everybody all of the time.

I fly radio controlled helicopters and last time we tried to design a new logo for the club, the plane people wanted planes in it and some helicopter guys wanted helicopters then the new Drone guys wanted some drones in then the glider guys said why no gliders?
    In the end I got a friend to design something generic that kind of looks like a rotor, which could be from a plane or a helicopter and that design won. At the end of the day we wanted something that suggested what the club was about, which is aviation.

What I am trying to say is maybe we just need something that hint’s at what the site is about and not necessary have any particular image in it, that way no one get’s offended because what they are into is not included. Personally I don’t care what’s on the logo, I know what this site is about and why I am here.

6. Chris

Chris Active Member

Why don't we just replace the Walkman with a cassette? That should satisfy most people (except the CD, Minidisc users).

7. walkman archive

Here is a capture of the old site:

New compact design.PNG

Chris likes this.
  8. Nickfish

Nickfish Member

Perfect. It has something for everyone. You should use that one. Genius.

A O and Northerner like this.
  9. walkman archive

Northerner, your suggestion about the Lasonic has end up in a great idea!
    I thought about embedding the 'GO' into a boombox, but it was difficult and in the end I gave up. But that Lasonic is just the perfect BB for that, because it allowed me to embed it sucessfully. Those bars that cross the speakers side to side were the right element that gave me the idea to make a nice 'G'

This is a proposal of a header. The logo really is only the walkman, headphones and boombox.

New-logo-2018-#2.jpg

10. PHILIP[

PHILIP[ Member

I have just seen the new design with the new additions and i am happy to go for this as it seems to me it covers all the ground that people seem to want ,do you not agree

11. Risingsunproject

Risingsunproject Active Member

just playing around ghettto5.jpg

12. Northerner

That I’ve got to say is absolutely spot on...love it :)

13. Risingsunproject

Opinion: Yes it covers everybody but even so i would use it again as the logo of the banner and not the banner itself however people have to be able to read it inc the .com

14. Risingsunproject

I mean something like this to add some depth Untitled6666.jpg

15. Risingsunproject

More symmetrical with depth into it if someone gets it.Come inside kinda of thing come come you can never leave again
    Speaking of the total banner again inc the new logo

Untitled6666.jpg Untitled6666.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  16. Longman

Longman Well-Known Member S2G Supporter

That looks far better. The way you have combined GO with the boombox speakers is great.

Northerner likes this.
  17. Northerner

Changed my vote to ‘I love it’ :)

Boodokhan and walkman archive like this.
  18. Ball000

Ball000 Member

Changed my vote also and I want to say that I'm really happy with both the proposed banner and the way the discussion evolved lately.
    I think that the latest proposal still needs some colors though, and IMHO the "stereo", and even more the headphones ("2") and the speakers ("GO") aren't that easy to notice and to read in the current state. What if they were filled with plain colors, something like:
    STEREO 2 GO
    Doesn't it look that eighties'ish BTW?

Brutus442 and Chris like this.
  19. Brutus442

Brutus442 Well-Known Member

I too am glad this discussion didn't spiral down into a locked thread. Hugo, I have to say I like the look of the new logo posted on this page of the thread but like Ball000 mentioned perhaps some colour for the word "STEREO" and the headphone "2" and the speakers "G" and "O".
    This would highlight STEREO2GO without losing it in the graphics. Just my 2 cents

Stereo2Go was always about boomers, walkmans, MD's Discmans, etc..but more importantly it was about the people behind them. Although maybe some posts were perhaps a little aggressive in nature, the underlying message within, should not be discounted. These are new and old members voicing their opinions. They may not be doable or agreed upon but the fact that some optimizing (outside of the logo) needs to be addressed.

Get everyone on board and lets fix it. The logo is a great start to re branding the product but it's just the facade. let's restore the inside and go from there (Database restoration anyone?)

A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.....

Northerner, Boodokhan and samovar like this.
  20. walkman archive

there is beauty in simplicity. I think your proposal add too many elements to the image to my taste, but it doesn't look bad at all. However, now we have another problem: the image is too tall and needs to be wider and thinner for the header.

Risingsunproject likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.